Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2010, 01:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistpavel View Post
Lol, went through the thread, everyone is rocking some type of Corsair PSU, different color stickers and wattage, count me in K62/Corsair club :)
ditto
Old March 9, 2010, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

seasonic m12 550 here
Old March 9, 2010, 03:38 PM
MVP

Why's everyone using a Corsair in their K62? I'd guess because damn-near everyone's got a Corsair.
Old March 9, 2010, 05:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
why everyone have a corsair in their K62 ?
Channel Well Technologies.

I have an HX750 myself.

But I also rock different PSU's too :)

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 9, 2010, 06:45 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Channel Well Technologies.

I have an HX750 myself.

But I also rock different PSU's too :)

ST

you have a K62 ?
Old March 9, 2010, 08:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
you have a K62 ?

Nahh just part of the Corsair Club.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 10, 2010, 07:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thinking of picking up one of these cases to house my AMD folding rig in. Whaddaya think, can I get 3 GTX 260's in there?....maybe 4???
Old March 16, 2010, 03:06 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Just put my K62 together... anyone else bend one of the pci latches installing a nvidia gtx2xx? mine is a evga gtx280 and the bottom clip unit is looking for a "notch" that aint there for the bottom part of the mount. i love this case... but me thinks some modding is in order. i moved out of a CM690 that had 6 fans 3 intake and 3 exhaust, in that case my GTX280 would idle around 40-50c... in the K62 that jumped to 70c, i flipped the front top fan to intake and the idle temp dropped to 50-55, so i think ima either cut a fan hole in the lower right portion of the window (really DONT want to do that) or cut a whole in the bottom of the case between the HD cage and the power supply for an intake fan, with the only designed intake being the one in front behind the HD cage, air cooling aint getting it done.

as for the top left hole for the 4/8pin cpu- i feel all your pain, aside from removing the connector, my best option was a $6 extension cable, cut off the little side flanges, bend the wires at the back of the connector and feed thru at a downward angle pin side first... slipped right in.
Old March 16, 2010, 04:32 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Thinking of picking up one of these cases to house my AMD folding rig in. Whaddaya think, can I get 3 GTX 260's in there?....maybe 4???
Well, it's got 8 expansion slots, so as long as your boards got 4 PCI-E x16s spaced appropriately you should be able to fit them...

That said, I'm not sure how well it'd cool them. It's got pretty good airflow, but 4 260s is a heck of a lot of heat. Good luck with that.
Old March 16, 2010, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya this might be kinda tight on the space for air cooling 4 x 260's . jm2cents