Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Recommendations for a new case (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/21872-recommendations-new-case.html)

Gameplaywarrior August 13, 2009 12:02 AM

Recommendations for a new case

Well apart from my sound card all the parts are in for my new system and I am looking for a new case for it I don't really want to spend more $200. All I am looking for in it are: that it would be preferably around the same dimensions as the Antec 900; and have a top mounted PSU; and a cooling system adequate enough to cool 2X ATI 4890's; and a clear side window would be nice but not necessary. There are so many choices out there I get overwhelmed when looking for one so I figure some one should be able to recommend me a case.

mo' power August 13, 2009 01:41 AM

There are a lot of cases out there in that range. Coolermaster and Antec have some nice cases. You could start there.

martin_metal_88 August 13, 2009 04:52 AM

Coolermaster 690 would be a good choice, much of cooling cool and great priced
HAF 922 is also a must looking at!
NZXT tempest is one of the best contender direct to nine hundred.

There are some case you should love.

Ask for more.

bojangles August 13, 2009 07:05 AM

Martin, he's looking for a top mounted PSU case, not bottom. Sorry, GPW, but I just can't recommend any top mounted PSU cases other than the 900 you mentioned, partly because I don't know many top mounted cases anymore.

Sushi Warrior August 13, 2009 07:07 AM

Those are mostly bottom mount PSU's though.

EDIT: Damn I got beat :sad:

Signal2Noise August 13, 2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bojangles (Post 239480)
...I just can't recommend any top mounted PSU cases other than the 900 you mentioned, ...

The 900 is bottom mounted as well.

shayan288 August 13, 2009 08:12 AM

the haf 932 is a top psu mounted case and a bottom, and thats on sale right now at NCIX for 135 including a 15 dollar rebate. Or you could pay 60 bucks and get a nzxt beta:P Thats top mounted and liek the best bang for your buck.

Neolithium_Wpg August 13, 2009 08:14 AM

I think the beta is one of the few options. Since he wants something 900-ish sized, that doesn't include the HAF. It could eat the 900 and still have room for an i7 build inside ;)

Gameplaywarrior August 13, 2009 10:14 AM

Yes I will agree with what your all saying a top mounted PSU is a rare bird these days....however I have always preferred it because it just makes more sense to me since hot air rises it makes more sense to me for them to be top mounted. I don't know what you all think that is just my opinion.....I was never that good in science so I could be ass backward with thinking that:haha:

The cases I was looking at were/are the Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS (Newegg.ca - Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases) or the Raidmax Iceberg (NCIX.com - Buy Raidmax Iceberg Black Aluminum ATX Case 4X5.25" 2X3.5" 4X3.5"INT 120MM Blue LED Fan Front USB No PSU - ICEBERG-Black In Canada.)