Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you get the twelve hundred, u might want to look into the Antec CP-850 for ur PSU.
Old August 8, 2009, 11:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphikratous View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. Moment of reckoning. I noticed that Canada Computers has the Antec Twelve Hundred at $159.99, bringing it into my price range. This case just looks so sexy, has the colour of LED that I want, and great cooling. I think I'm going to go with this one over the HAF. From what I've read it has better performance than the 932. It may be slightly smaller, but I don't mind, still bigger than a Mid size. As I said, I love the look of this case. For 5 bucks more than the HAF, I think this will be my new case. If I hadn't of seen this price, I definitely would've gone with the HAF, but I just can't pass this up. Thanks for the responses even if they ended up for naught.
nice deal! I just never liked the look of the antec 900 or 1200. I must admit the HAF932 isn't 'sexy' but all the functions and how good it feels working it in makes it 'sexy' to me. So it really does come down to what you like.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old August 9, 2009, 12:43 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've been doing some hunting for a new case lately as well. I'm strongly leaning towards the Thermaltake Element G. It has 2 x 200mm fans (one in the front and one on the top), 1 x 140mm at the back, and 1 x 230mm in the side panel. It has a fan speed controller which also allows you to change the colours of the LEDs from red, blue, green, alternating colours, or turn the LEDs off. It has an all black interior and a decent cable management system. There's also an access hole for the cpu backplate so you can change coolers without removing the motherboard. I plan on getting it from NCIX and price matching with DirectCanada, which turns out to be roughly $145 before taxes and shipping. Can't beat that IMO.
Old August 10, 2009, 11:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

You guys are amazing. I compared the two cases in person today, and holy crap, is the HAF ever PURRRDY. The pics don't do it justice. From images on the internet the 1200 looks better than the HAF, but in person it all comes together and the HAF just kicks the 1200s ass. Thanks for the recommendation guys, I'm going back with the HAF!
Old August 10, 2009, 11:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Haha yea pictures online make it look like a big turd, thats why i was worried when i first decided to buy it. Great purchase good luck!
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old August 14, 2009, 07:38 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I have used the Antec 900 first gen. and the TT Armor and now I am using the HAF 932. Without questions, the 932 is the best case I have ever used. Cooling is more than adequate and the cable management is superb. The cable management was not so great with the two previous enclosures. The styling is a bit peculiar but this is really a matter of personnel taste and I'd like it better with no red led into the front fan. The only con, IMHO, is the seize that can be a problem depending where you have your rig standing. In this price range, this case rule supreme...

Last edited by Wurmer; August 16, 2009 at 01:18 PM.