Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Never buy a Canada Comptuer case (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/21485-never-buy-canada-comptuer-case.html)

geokilla August 2, 2009 03:33 PM

Never buy a Canada Comptuer case

My sister's been saying that her AMD X2 system has been shutting down by itself recently, so I thought that it must've been the temperatures again. It tops out at 65C under folding@home btw. But anyways, back to the point. The side panels are freaken hard to take off and to put back in, the case layout is not bad, but the front is terrible. And speaking of the front, I tried taking off the front panel to clean the 3+ years of dust it has accumulated. After struggling with it for a good 15 minutes, the front finally came off, only to find out that it broke and won't snap back in properly. :angry2:

That's what you get for paying $35 to get a Canada Computers Nova case, which came with a Deer 380W PSU.

Mike_E August 2, 2009 03:58 PM

And what exactly did you think you were getting when paying $34 for a CASE with a PS?

Eagle Eye August 2, 2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_E (Post 234485)
And what exactly did you think you were getting when paying $34 for a CASE with a PS?

LMAO damn near took the words out of my mouth there Mike :rofl: You get what you pay for man, suprised that PSU is even able to light up the HDD LEDs let alone power the entire computer.

Here's a good replacement POWER SUPPLY - 400W ATX Product Category - POWER SUPPLIES. factorydirect.ca Computer and Electronics Liquidator is your New and refurbished computer peripherals retail and wholesale computer liquidation source. 15 Stores in Ontario, Canada., lol

EE

Lamb August 2, 2009 05:26 PM

35$ Case AND PSU? That's a joke amirite?

geokilla August 2, 2009 05:31 PM

I was a noob back then.

MpG August 2, 2009 05:48 PM

:haha: Yeah, sorry, I don't think you can pin this one on CC, aside from a mild guilt-trip over them selling such a thing in the first place. But they're hardly alone or the worst offenders in that aspect.

DarKStar August 2, 2009 07:07 PM

LOL - What you have is a generic cheap sh*t power supply - that's a future of problems - and exactly what others said you get what you paid for - HOWEVER - back in the days I used to purchase those generic cases myself to save money - old fashioned and I am not one to spend a fortune on a bloody case - the ones I did buy were better quality cases, $75, included a PSU, but I removed the PSU and got a credit and used my own quality PSU - still using the case now it is rock solid sturdy, has 2 rear 80mm exhaust, 1 side intake and 1 front intake and extremely easy to remove panels - the case you just described is absolute CRAP, garbage, you could have gotten a better dela out of a cardboard box I guess it is a lesson for you next time.

geokilla August 2, 2009 07:35 PM

I switched out the PSU when I upgraded from a X800XL to a X850XT by RMA. My X800XL was crapping out so I told Canada Computers and ATI gave me a X850XT. This was like 3 years ago, and I bought my currently used in my sig, GameXStream 600W. Since the GameXStream is in my computer, I bought a StealthXStream 500W for like $30AR. Either way, I ditched that Deer 380W PSU when I went from a X800XL to X850XT.

As for using a generic case, well I didn't know anything before. I liked the design of the case and for $35 I wasn't going to complain. But who woulda thought that once I take off the front panel, it gets half broken....

DarKStar August 2, 2009 07:41 PM

you really got the worst of the worst - when I purchased those generic beige cases I would always go at the store and check them out and open them there and look inside - this is one thing I like to see before buying.