Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Corsair Obsidian 800D (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/21396-corsair-obsidian-800d.html)

martin_metal_88 July 31, 2009 08:03 AM

Corsair Obsidian 800D

Hey guys, I was about to order my ATCS 840 and I just saw this in the case ranking at NCIX

NCIX.com - Buy Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Full Tower Case EATX 5X5.25 3X3.5 Hotswappable 2X3.5INT No PS USB 1394 - CC800DW In Canada.

That's pretty cool!
For now it's to pricey for me but if I ever need a new case I think I will get a 300$ one;)

bojangles July 31, 2009 08:13 AM

You'll be happy with either case no matter what :).

rapmaster July 31, 2009 08:40 AM

bit-tech.net | Preview - First Look: Corsair Obsidian 800D

Here a preview of the Corsair case, it's not perfect, it's still have flaws but it's damn sweet

Neolithium_Wpg July 31, 2009 08:54 AM

SONOFA....I took a peek at quite a few of the screenshots around...that thing is bloody good looking. I might have to save up and check into one. Any chance for an HWC review soon? *COUGH* :whistle:

ADay2Long July 31, 2009 08:59 AM

I was gonna pick up an ATCS 840 too but then I saw that bad boy ... and it has a window! :biggrin::biggrin:

Wonder when it's coming out and what the reviews are gonna be like!

miggs78 July 31, 2009 09:57 AM

You know few things that Corsair really do good with this case is..

1- It's ready for a triple rad, right out of the box.. As you can see at the top, you don't have to remove anything, just screw 3 fans or a triple rad..

2- Second was, I haven't seen any case some with a variety of cables, imo SATA cables with less gap (which is what the power supply manufacturers are supposed to be making their cables like)..

3- Cable management holes with grommets, wow..

But the flaws, imo.. no security, plastic stuff.. steel, and probably heavy too..

Not saying it's better or worse than the CM ATCS 840, certainly one to see a proper review off, I wish HWC review this case..

But as for the fact to see if it'll give a run to Silverstone, Lian Li.. um.. forget about it, those cases are sheer quality, built to perfection, they might have flaws, but still.. for the price you pay to get an expensive case, you're getting something really worth it..

Hm...

sswilson July 31, 2009 10:12 AM

No insider information here, but just the general buzz on this case has been quite interesting. My understanding is that Corsair has been working on this for quite some time and is taking as long as it takes to get it as close to perfect as they can.

I'm (somewhat patiently) waiting for a good full blown review as well. ;)

Babrbarossa July 31, 2009 10:18 AM

Just noticed this thread after raving about it on the mods shoutbox- I was drooling over this case today on Corsair's site- it looks very nice.

martin_metal_88 July 31, 2009 11:27 AM

Hahaha this case is more than a case for me. Clean looking monster cable management monster space in it. Over 40LBS shippiing weight. Wow. My next build wich will prob be an I5 on next year will be mouunted in this case and no one other, exeppt if a better come out but I doubt bout it.

Ask for more

lowfat July 31, 2009 12:00 PM

I don't like the case at all. The interior looks very cheap with all the grommets. And for some reason the shape of the window irks me. And if it is $400 (225) I'll definitely pass.