Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2009, 01:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A tad top heavy, wouldn't want to give an accidental bump and see it topple to the ground.

Still an amazing case and if you're saying the price is the same, tough choice to be honest.

EE
Old August 1, 2009, 01:08 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLou View Post
The NEW Lian Lian Li PC-TYR X1000 Case Destroys this

YouTube - Lian Li Tyr PC-X1000 aluminum PC case

going to be around the same price too.
Yup I was thinking of down-grading but I'm seriously considering this badboy at $400 + a powder coat it's pricey but I'm loving it.

Old August 1, 2009, 04:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLou View Post
The NEW Lian Lian Li PC-TYR X1000 Case Destroys this

YouTube - Lian Li Tyr PC-X1000 aluminum PC case

going to be around the same price too.
I'd take the Corsair case over that one any day. Where would I put my MCR320 in that one? In the Corsair it would fit nicely on the top, but that one has no logical place as the front fans are 140mm, and it would require a ton of modding to get anything more than a 2*140mm rad in there (and I doubt the fans would even be spaced right for that). Also my understanding is the Lian-Li doesn't support E-ATX, so a number of i7 motherboards are then out of the question! If somewhere had this in stock I'd consider buying it as I have been looking for something to spend my birthday money on for a little while now.
Old August 1, 2009, 04:15 PM
MVP

Wow that Corsair case looks beautiful! Definitely one to keep an eye on...snazzy for sure.
Old August 1, 2009, 04:27 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaRox View Post
I'd take the Corsair case over that one any day. Where would I put my MCR320 in that one? In the Corsair it would fit nicely on the top, but that one has no logical place as the front fans are 140mm, and it would require a ton of modding to get anything more than a 2*140mm rad in there (and I doubt the fans would even be spaced right for that). Also my understanding is the Lian-Li doesn't support E-ATX, so a number of i7 motherboards are then out of the question! If somewhere had this in stock I'd consider buying it as I have been looking for something to spend my birthday money on for a little while now.
The Lian-Li TYR series I don't think are meant as competition to the Corsair case since Lian-Li has plenty of cases very similar to it already. The TYR series seem to be more of a unique design for people looking for something different. For water cooling LL has a bracket to fit a dual rad to the front 2 fans of the PC-X1000. Also no single processor x58 board is a true E-ATX form-factor and fit in many atx only cases as long as they have the depth. My classified is less than an inch wider than a standard ATX board.

Of course though for water-cooling the Corsair is really the only choice here.

Last edited by FtGF; August 1, 2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old August 7, 2009, 01:07 PM
Top Prospect

NCIX have them listed now at 299.99 but i'm going to wait for reviews and the new silverstone line up before i bite. The new lancool (i wish they designed the p50 like this) which is a good case that's fairly cheap is listed as well that i might consider.

NCIX FORUMS - ETA - Lancool PC-K62 Black ATX Advanced Mid To...

NCIX.com - Buy Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Full Tower Case EATX 5X5.25 3X3.5 Hotswappable 2X3.5INT No PS USB 1394 - CC800DW In Canada.