Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27, 2009, 02:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Looking for a specific type of case

What PC cases are Full Tower E-ATX with a side window, awesome air cooling and completely black inside and out with cable management and made out of aluminum ?
Old July 27, 2009, 03:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NZXT and Lian Li cases are built of aluminum for the most part. I have no experience with them, though. I'm sure someone here has.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old July 27, 2009, 10:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

NZXT and Lian-Li are in totally different leagues. NZXT is cheap and Lian-Li is top-notch quality. Lian-Li definitely has some EATX cases with windows, or optional side panels at least. Cooling wise though, a bit lacking typically.

I'd look at the Cooler Master ATCS 840. Another choice would be the Cosmos S. Neither are black inside, but it's something you could DIY.

I don't really think there's any case that hits all your points, you'll have to sacrifice something.
Old July 27, 2009, 10:09 AM
MVP
F@H

The Ultra 'Aluminus' series are aluminum, , good airflow, full tower, big window, good cable routing, black interior (except for the braces & mobo tray) but are not officially eATX. However, I have installed ATX mobos in them with about 2" to spare all the way around. Very big, very light. Very inexpensive (msrp $129.00). Caveat: the holes for the retaining screws for your video card etc are drilled out too large in some of them. Not sure if they have rectified this issue yet.

Ultra Products - Aluminus ATX Full-Tower Case - Black
Old July 27, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

Lian Li cases for sure make some very nice clean, non-fancy, beautiful cases which off course come at a cost but are worth it..

I know the HAF 932 is made out of Steel, but is a very nicely designed case, awesome air flow, it is black, does have sort of a window, but it's not that hard to mod a window...

And then you also have an option for the Stacker 832, bad boy is huge lol..

You have some thermalright cases, not a huge fan of them imo.. I believe the Gigabyte Aurora 570 case does support E-ATX, it does come with a plastic thing to switch to a clear window.. It is available in black color..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old July 27, 2009, 12:36 PM
Rookie

The Silverstone Raven can do E-ATX, but it is a bit pricey and made out of plastic as well as aluminum.