Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Case buying advice! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/20941-case-buying-advice.html)

raheelc July 22, 2009 12:21 PM

Case buying advice!

hi, i'm new to this forum, and i was wondering if i could get some friendly advice from you all...

Currently im running a q6600 water cooled setup in a cm690...and the casing is really cramped...so i was thinking of upgrading to a different case...more specifically an open air design case...

these were the three i was thinking of choosing between:

Antec skeleton
Danger den torture rack
tecnofront hwd bench table

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...and if anyone has any other suggestions in mind please do let me know....oh yeh budget is around 150 dollars, give or take...

thanks in advance!!

Liu Kang July 22, 2009 05:58 PM

Nicest bench on the market today IMO: Microcool Banchetto 101 Clear Modular Case

Phobia July 22, 2009 06:07 PM

+1. If I had the need for a testbench/open air case, that would be the one.

raheelc July 23, 2009 06:24 AM

yeh that is an awesome open air case...but its out of my budget :(

any second string option??

Gameplaywarrior July 23, 2009 09:29 AM

From the list you gave I would take the DD - Torture Rack however I personally use this one currently it's really open and it's easy to excess everything...persionaly I don't know what else one would want in a test bench
NCIX.com - Buy Highspeed PC Standard Original Tech Station FAST-ACCESS ATX Computer Case Black - Tech_StationSTD-BLACK In Canada.

raheelc July 23, 2009 12:15 PM

@gameplaywarrior:

thanks for the suggestion...the one thing i do like about the test bench u mentioned, is the price point....however, im trying to find something that has some decent looks and has the ability to attach a radiator to the bench/case....and as far as i can tell i dont see any available area on the highspeed bench for it...although i may be wrong....

i think i mite go for the DD torture rack

Gameplaywarrior July 23, 2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raheelc (Post 228933)
@gameplaywarrior:

thanks for the suggestion...the one thing i do like about the test bench u mentioned, is the price point....however, im trying to find something that has some decent looks and has the ability to attach a radiator to the bench/case....and as far as i can tell i dont see any available area on the highspeed bench for it...although i may be wrong....

i think i mite go for the DD torture rack

No It cant attach radiator, but if you do as I did with a few key drilled & threaded holes in the support rails of the test bench you can easily mount one.

It very easy just buy radiator use a marker or something to trace where the wholes are unto stencil paper then transfer you "template" to the test bench and simply drill out the wholes and thread them (a threading kit can be picked up at Canadian tire relatively cheaply):thumb:

Tremblayro July 23, 2009 07:27 PM

Skeleton is cramped too.

raheelc July 24, 2009 01:24 PM

ok thanks for all the advice...i think i mite jus go out on a limb and try the tecnofront hwd, and see how that works out