Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Lian-Li, too many choices... (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/2094-lian-li-too-many-choices.html)

Cardboard box with DSL July 30, 2007 07:54 PM

Which Lian-Li case and a Watercooling dilemma

While the Gigabyte Poseidon managed to strike a good balance between performance and portability, the time has come to stop risking my rig at Lan parties and create a dedicated LAN rig and have a nice one at home. Most of the LAN's I goto end up with a few drunk people, and there have been some cases where things have been spilled and caused damage.

I have been looking at Lian-Li cases for a while now, and have decided to go with one over a Silverstone or any other line of cases on the market, mainly because of the build quality, cooling performance and looks. I dont like flashy 'in your face' cases, I want to sleep in the same room as my computer and not be kept awake by the noise or lights. It would be nice to have a roomy case which would allow for water cooling in the future.
I was looking for an E-ATX case like the; V1200B or V2000, but am still undecided.

Requirements:
Quite
Good Airflow
Simple (ie. no LED's and side panels)
Large interior (For Cable management and the possibility of Water cooling in the future)

Any thoughts or opinions?
I know there are a few Lian-Li owners out there, please give me a hand in my search for the perfect case.:canadianwave:

enaberif July 30, 2007 08:02 PM

Tagan A+ !! Its a unknown but cool case

Cardboard box with DSL July 30, 2007 08:12 PM

Are you talking about the Black Pearl?
It looks like a pretty awesome case, comparable to Lian-Li in terms of build quality by the sounds of it:thumb:
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to add that to my maybe list.

sswilson July 30, 2007 08:14 PM

Well if the main plan is for it to be lan luggable a full sized server case would be a major PITA to lug around.

Cardboard box with DSL July 30, 2007 08:21 PM

I guess my rambling made more sence in my head:doh:
I'm splitting into 2 rigs, my Lan rig and Home rig. My lan rig will be in a m-ATX case with lower ended components, therefore making it more expendable then my home system, which will be in a case that will not move.

The Lian-Li is going to be for my Home computer, so size doesn't really matter, just as long as it does not take up an entire room...

3.0charlie July 30, 2007 08:28 PM

This V1200 would fit my bill. It's my next build.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...acture=LIAN-LI

enaberif July 30, 2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardboard box with DSL (Post 15688)
Are you talking about the Black Pearl?
It looks like a pretty awesome case, comparable to Lian-Li in terms of build quality by the sounds of it:thumb:
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to add that to my maybe list.

You would be correct Sir its one wicked case!

Cardboard box with DSL July 31, 2007 09:01 AM

At first I wasn't really planning on water cooling, but NCIX is starting to convince me otherwise.
Would it be worth it to go for a less expensive case and water cool rather then a good high airflow case?:help:
It looks as though I need some more income... Donations?:bleh:

Cardboard box with DSL July 31, 2007 07:12 PM

After watching the video on NCIX, water cooling is becoming quite intriguing. But I can't afford both a simple wc setup and a nice E-ATX Lian-Li case.
Is it worth going for watercooling instead of a bigger case?
What mid price case (preferably Lian-Li) would allow me to have a good water cooling setup as well as enough airflow to cool the not water cooled components?

Any thoughts or opinions will be greatly appreciated!

enaberif July 31, 2007 07:48 PM

Watercooling I find is really only for people who want to push the limits of their cpu. For people who don't do a lot with their computer water cooling to me is a waste.