Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2009, 12:55 PM
Rookie

Default Building from scratch ?

Since i can't find a case that can fit 2 x quad rads in it beside the mountain mods one, i will be building a new case from scratch in the next 2 months. I already have many ideas but if anyone did build their own case, please share some pics, i would like to see your work.
Thanks !
Old July 19, 2009, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbmb View Post
Since i can't find a case that can fit 2 x quad rads in it beside the mountain mods one, i will be building a new case from scratch in the next 2 months. I already have many ideas but if anyone did build their own case, please share some pics, i would like to see your work.
Thanks !
Many start... Most never finish.

They realize costs vs practicality just don't work.

And mountain mods have a few that can fit 2 quad rads.
Old July 19, 2009, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

two "quad" rads you are talking about fitting two rads that hold up to 8 120 fans ( 4 per side)? thats allot of space.
I was thinking of just taking an old case ( say from a computer shop usually get them for next 2 nothing) and running two 360s or 3 240s in it with the pump a res and its own small psu all inside the case, but I don't really have the room to work so I gave it up.
Old July 19, 2009, 04:02 PM
Rookie

Yes its a lot of space but with a custom case it should be no problem. Trying to learn the alibre cad software right now to see if I can design it before I start building. I'm good at making things, no clue how to use a cad software lol

Might end up with good old pen and paper drawings :)
Old August 2, 2009, 08:52 AM
MVP

Alibre is a good tool download the video tutorials, watch and practice. Or try a simple 2D cad program