Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Bigger Case (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/19711-bigger-case.html)

joeperson July 8, 2009 09:29 AM

Bigger Case

Currently my system is crammed into an antec 300 and I'm looking to get something bigger/better. I've looked at a few options so far. The antec p183 with aims at a quiet system with little required modification. The Silverstone Raven as an interesting and possibly perfect solution when considering cooling the two 4850's with their Accelero radiators. The Coolermaster Cosmos as a base for future.. just about anything.

I'm most interested in the noise characteristic any case presents. Bigger quiet cases anyone?

shayan288 July 8, 2009 10:55 AM

Try the coolermaster haf 932, 922, or the coolermaster 690. They are all bigger than the 300, fairly priced, not too loud, and cool good.

SugarJ July 8, 2009 11:26 AM

If you like the look of the Cosmos S, you'll love working in it. I really like the quick release door latches, I'm poking around in my machine at least twice a month. Just budget to replace the 120mm fans, as they aren't the quietest available. Great case for air or water cooling.

joeperson July 8, 2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shayan288 (Post 219699)
Try the coolermaster haf 932, 922, or the coolermaster 690. They are all bigger than the 300, fairly priced, not too loud, and cool good.

They may be bigger but from what I've seen I worry they don't do any better then the 300 for overall noise. I'm looking for cases made from thicker/heavier material then the 300 and trying to avoid intakes directly out the front of a case.

As for the Cosmos are there competing alternatives? Are there problems that might present depending on what components I use? I've seen/heard a lot of positive things about the cosmos.

gouki July 8, 2009 01:57 PM

IMO you can't beat an antec p series in noise to ac ratio. I went from p182 to a haf 922 and although it cools my components really well it's like running with the side panel off.

shayan288 July 8, 2009 01:57 PM

Well there is the Temjin TJ10B.. but that's like... 350 bucks lol.

steers July 8, 2009 02:05 PM

One of my house mates built in a Cosmos 1000. He's just air cooling with all default components, and honestly it's not the quietest machine, but it's dead silent compared to another friend's Antec 1200. In all honesty it's a beautiful case, and if you slapped some Noctua fans in there to replace the default CMs I think you should be very happy with your noise levels.

lKashl July 9, 2009 11:25 AM

Another vote for the HAF 922 here, i originally had a tempest (which is a fairly good case itself) and have not even the slightest regret in changing :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gouki (Post 219843)
IMO you can't beat an antec p series in noise to ac ratio. I went from p182 to a haf 922 and although it cools my components really well it's like running with the side panel off.

Not now they have the side panel version on the market too :)

curtispan July 16, 2009 09:44 PM

+1 for the Haf 922. Excellent looking case (opinion) and it is nice and big to work in.

crazyhorsejohnny July 16, 2009 09:48 PM

HAF will be quieter than Antec 300 with stock fans.