Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2009, 05:25 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I hate to play devil's advocate but are you all getting hot and bothered over this because it brings something new and cool to the enclosure market or the fact that it has the Corsair name on it?

Looking at that list, I see nothing that hasn't been done by at least a half dozen manufacturers 10 different ways...

While I won't be the one reviewing this case over here at HWC, I can say that it looks impressive but I was hoping that Corsair would take a risk or two.
Old July 8, 2009, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The main thing is that this it's designed to easily cleanly accept custom watercooling setups with no case modding.
Old July 8, 2009, 07:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I hate to play devil's advocate but are you all getting hot and bothered over this because it brings something new and cool to the enclosure market or the fact that it has the Corsair name on it?

Looking at that list, I see nothing that hasn't been done by at least a half dozen manufacturers 10 different ways...

While I won't be the one reviewing this case over here at HWC, I can say that it looks impressive but I was hoping that Corsair would take a risk or two.
For me, it's kind of a mix of the two. Corsair, for me, has an excellent track record of producing quality components, and while this case may not be completely revolutionary, I feel that it takes a few very exciting evolutionary steps.

This case combines an elegant yet sturdy design (uniformly matte black, steel body with aluminum face) with features that cater exclusively to enthusiasts (closed holes for cable routing, segregated PSU compartment, emphasis on water cooling support). I've always been a fan of Lian-li's cases, but I prefer to work with steel enclosures than all-aluminum ones. This is like the case Lian-li would make if they were American.

tl;dr 90% coolness, 10% fanboyness, for me

---
Bob - Core i3 530 | Gigabyte H55N-USB3 | 4GB DDR3 | Corsair H50 w/ TFC Triebwerk | Silverstone SG06
Old July 8, 2009, 11:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:

I hear you Sky.....as said earlier....Silverstone / Lian Li........but then again I wonder how many will purchase it for the name "Corsair"...........

Old July 8, 2009, 11:39 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
........but then again I wonder how many will purchase it for the name "Corsair"...........
Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me
<---- This guy right here

Seriously though. If you look at the detail that they put into the case, its not just some fanboy stuff, it is the fact that they LISTENED to consumers and enthusiasts and have literally catered to exactly what the popular vote wants.

It may cost and arm and a leg, but it SHOULD fix nearly every little niggle that is wrong with some of the best cases on the market.

Only thing - it still won't appease Mr.Rodney Reynolds... no removable motherboard tray...
Old July 8, 2009, 11:43 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

It's not that it's something new it's that it seems to take the best ideas from other manufacturers and makes one uber-case! No modding required which I love. The only thing is that its steel so not perfect but really who cares my Lian-Li weighs a ridiculous amount fully loaded. I'm looking forward to this one!

Old July 8, 2009, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Tell me if I am wrong but have any company already done a on the go disk system like that? If yes tell me wich model because this is one of the reason I'm going to get this case!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old July 8, 2009, 12:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

I can honestly say I am only looking at it because of it clean lines. The final decision for a case for me isn't the brand, features or ease of use, I demand that my PC look a certain way and this case struck a cord with me. Kind of bad but the pure honest truth.
Old July 8, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Whats this Corsair Case going to retail for?
If its over $450 you guys still planning on "jumping all over it"?

Not sure what my limit would be....$350 for a decent Silverstone or LL.......depended how bad I wanted ti I suppose and what my plans were for my present Case...but may pay upwards of $450.

Old July 8, 2009, 01:01 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckleBrother View Post
I can honestly say I am only looking at it because of it clean lines. The final decision for a case for me isn't the brand, features or ease of use, I demand that my PC look a certain way and this case struck a cord with me. Kind of bad but the pure honest truth.
Agreed. Because of the steel body, I'm pretty sure it'll be less expensive than Lian Li but it offers a lot of great features and sports that beautiful brushed aluminium faceplate. I am still holding out on the price, but it seems to me that this should at least create some competition and just that is promising for a stingy PC lover like me