Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2009, 09:30 AM
Top Prospect

Default Lighting case mod any good without led fans?

Can a case mod look any good without led fans? Every site I go to seems to have windowed cases, with led fans and cold cathodes and UV.... However I think this would be an extreme waste of money in my case.... My case is a Lian Li PC-7 plus II, it takes 2 - 120mm fans and 1 - 80mm chimney fan. I only have 1 generic 120mm red led fan, 2 Stock 120mm Lian Li fans, and 2 - 120mm Yate Loon fans. So I have plenty of fans and good ones at that... Problem is they are not led fans. So... Does anyone know if a good looking lighting mod can be pulled off with just a dual cold cathode kit? Also anyone know of some good pics of such a build... I'm including a link to my case build...
Old June 27, 2009, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Depends, myself I dont care for all that light and just use 4 UV CCFL's for my uv reactive parts. The amount of light fits me just fine. Colored CCFL's will throw more light than just UV CCFL's though and when I had the blue ccfl's in I didnt care for it, way to brite for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 27, 2009, 01:43 PM
Rookie

if you want to do a lighting mod without LED fans you could always try those LED Lazers. If you havent seen them, they come in either 3 or 5 light versions, in a small box that you can mount anywhere. you could always stick them behind the non-led fans.
Old June 27, 2009, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Case modding is all about PERSONAL preference, your always going to get people who dislike or hate your case mods, who cares as long as YOU like it. Personally I have LED fans, and CCFLs lighting my case but thats how I like it, with my paint job i like the blue light from my LED fans as the CCFLs just cant touch that raw saphire color they put out. But your case would probubly look awesome with no light coming from that front fan grill as its pretty plain on the front =) Just do what you like a bah to everyone else.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.