Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21, 2009, 05:26 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
F@H

Default Cooler Master Storm Scout Review Comment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the Review
When Cooler Master released the first case in their Storm series, gamers the world over found a case series which would fit their needs. While the Sniper was the first enclosure released in this new brand, many LAN part goers needed something which was both lighter and smaller. Enter the Storm Scout.
Read my full review here.
Old May 21, 2009, 06:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Very good Review LL, there are too many nice cases out there these days.
Now I want one of those too...

CM is really on a Roll with cases these days it seems.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 21, 2009, 06:51 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

CM in general is gearing up with an amazing number of products lately. I get review requests from them on a nearly daily basis.
Old May 21, 2009, 07:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
CM in general is gearing up with an amazing number of products lately. I get review requests from them on a nearly daily basis.

Nice, well they are a great company (I've personally purchased a long list of stuff from them for builds).
Hopefully that means they'll be sending you guys a V12 to Review soon (if they continued from the prototype seen at the shows).

I admit, I am a Mid-Tower Fan.
The only Case to ever break that exception was the original Armor.

This case has potential, and the black finish really makes it shine.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old May 21, 2009, 07:05 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The V12 hasn't come up actually. Our discussions with them have mostly centered around more budget-friendly cooling solutions, cases as well as some interesting gadgets they are releasing.

Personally, I am happy we haven't heard much about the V12 since it may mean that they are taking feedback from the V8 and V10 launches and tweaking the V12 accordingly.
Old May 21, 2009, 07:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The V12 hasn't come up actually. Our discussions with them have mostly centered around more budget-friendly cooling solutions, cases as well as some interesting gadgets they are releasing.

Personally, I am happy we haven't heard much about the V12 since it may mean that they are taking feedback from the V8 and V10 launches and tweaking the V12 accordingly.

Thats good to Know SKY, I was impressed with their lineups thus far , and if that means we have to wait to get a better product, then so be it.
Hopefully they release a Higher End LED Fan soon too, I love them but at 44CFM, it just doesn't cut it anymore.

Thanks for the FYI,

ST

Old May 21, 2009, 07:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

Finally, this looks like a good contender for the Antec 900. Actually, it has a lot more features than the Antec... just those holes for the cable management...

Really nice case, the features are really nice. For that price, I would definitely get that one over the Antec 900.
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old May 21, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's a pretty good case, especially when considering it for LAN events. Those handles look very durable. However, it should not be a case to get if you're never going to go to events or anything. A simple CM 690 or others would be excellent for the same amount of performance.

The matte black finish on the interior is amazing though...
Old May 25, 2009, 09:34 PM
Rookie

In terms of the cases less than 150$, what do you guys think has the best looks aesthetic wise? I like the P182, but it looks a bit too fridge like for me. I actually like the look of the Cooler Master RC 330, the CM690 is a little boring but I really like the Cosmo S (I know it's out of the price bracket but I wish they'd make a smaller version of it).

I'm just really interested in a case that looks nice and doesn't cost too much. This Storm Scout is looking really good, can't really say the same for the HAF cases. What do you guys think?

Audio: Sennheiser HD555 | Logitech 5.1 X540
Old May 26, 2009, 05:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck55 View Post
In terms of the cases less than 150$, what do you guys think has the best looks aesthetic wise? I like the P182, but it looks a bit too fridge like for me. I actually like the look of the Cooler Master RC 330, the CM690 is a little boring but I really like the Cosmo S (I know it's out of the price bracket but I wish they'd make a smaller version of it).

I'm just really interested in a case that looks nice and doesn't cost too much. This Storm Scout is looking really good, can't really say the same for the HAF cases. What do you guys think?
Personally, I think the Scout would be an amazing Mid-Tower Choice.
Trust me, if I had the coin I'd go and do it lol!!!

ST