Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2009, 05:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default HAF 932 has finally arrived

All the pics are in my photobucket album just because theyre massive. This thing is better than my antec 900 in every way. Tool-less design makes adding and removing things much easier, especially hard drives. Theres open space all around the mobo so im not trying to squeeze my hands in anywhere to hook everything up. The psu can be mounted properly without modding and there are cutouts in the mobo tray everywhere you would need them, again without modding. All of the fans also come with 3pin to molex connectors that are very long so they can easily reach anywhere in the case, plenty of spots to use all the included zipties to organize cables behind the motherboard tray as well.
Overall theres only a few cons ive found so far with this case. First one is really just my opinion but it would be nice to have a full window on the side panel rather than a huge mesh covering for the fan. The power led is WAY too bright. And the motherboard standoffs and screws that were included are garbage. I stripped 3 of them just trying to secure the motherboard in just enough so that it didnt move around.

HAF932 pictures by jon_wall_pc - Photobucket
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old May 15, 2009, 09:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm glad your enjoying your HAF932, i agree that its way better then the 900 (i poke fun about it to my friend everyday at school ). I upgraded from a CM690 so it was a extreme move for me. I agree the power LED is too bright.. i can't sleep when its on. I'm thinking of marking it with a black marker or something. Also later your going to notice that dust is your worse enemy.... you can make your own custom fan filters with stockings perhaps?
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old May 15, 2009, 09:36 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar_ell View Post
you can make your own custom fan filters with stockings perhaps?
I guess you could use those fabric softener shhets, then it'd smell nice too! Man, HAFs are nice. I'd like to upgrade to one someday, or maybe one of the CM Storms. :F (off in dream world)
Old May 16, 2009, 06:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar_ell View Post
I'm glad your enjoying your HAF932, i agree that its way better then the 900 (i poke fun about it to my friend everyday at school ). I upgraded from a CM690 so it was a extreme move for me. I agree the power LED is too bright.. i can't sleep when its on. I'm thinking of marking it with a black marker or something. Also later your going to notice that dust is your worse enemy.... you can make your own custom fan filters with stockings perhaps?
I found a solution to the power leds. I took one of those black stickers that youre supposed to use for an optical drive so you dont see the grey part of it where the clips for the drive bay covers normally are, and stuck it over the leds. Its the perfect size and no light goes through it at all :D
Old May 16, 2009, 06:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

nice i can't remember when my haf looked that empty. nice find on the sticker. i don't know if i would want to put static sheets near my computer you can buy filters for your heating vents and cut it to fit works great. wife's idea
Old May 16, 2009, 09:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use a dryer sheet on the intake, and it makes the room smell really nice! Those static sheets won't build up any static at all. They're pretty good for dust catchers, although they do restrict airflow somewhat.
Old May 16, 2009, 01:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

Not sure if anyone else encountered this problem or if it was just my particular case, but the casters are a PITA to get on there. One or 2 screws go in easily but then its like the holes dont line up properly. Took me about 45 mins just to get them on there, and the one doesnt have the 4th screw in all the way lol
Old May 20, 2009, 06:19 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonwall View Post
Not sure if anyone else encountered this problem or if it was just my particular case, but the casters are a PITA to get on there. One or 2 screws go in easily but then its like the holes dont line up properly. Took me about 45 mins just to get them on there, and the one doesnt have the 4th screw in all the way lol
The casters are cheaply built. Mine lasted all of a week before they gave out under the weight...SNAP. Back to the feet! LOL
Asus Rampage II GENE Motherboard
2 x Asus GTX 285 in SLI (710/1617/2700)
1 x 1tb WD Black
3 x WD 640AAKS in RAID 0
Enermax 85-1050 PSU
HP 30" 2560x1600, G19, G7, M-Audio Q40 Headset

Old May 20, 2009, 07:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good to know about the wheels. I was going to put them on, but if they are that junk, forget it, I'll stick to the feet
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about