Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default your opinion and qestions on acrylic cases.

i got some ideas for my next build and it involves lots of acrylic and tuck tape. i would like to get a custom acrylic case from somewhere with no fan holes and something alittle taller than the normal case out there i was thinking of something the size of the ABS Canyon 695. question #1: would it be better to buy a case and put lots of acrylic panels in it or start with an all acrylic case? #2: how strong is a acrylic case ?(it will be water cooled so must be able to hold rads) #3: how easy is it to work with?. thats all the questions i got for now.
Old May 14, 2009, 12:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

Acrylic is good for static
Acrylic is good for showing finger prints
Acrylic is good for dust

I absolutely hated having to constantly clean the acrylic Asus case out @ the langley NCIX store.
Old May 14, 2009, 06:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Great to make a Show Case,
Terrible to maintain Period.
My friend got one of the ones From Xoxide, and it only took him a Month to hate it...

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 14, 2009, 08:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Have you already see the acrylic get hmm...how to say...like when you wash a bottle to many time or you let it on sun the plastic get separate in two thin layer. My last acrylic have done this prob because of the GPU temp I don't realy know...I fix the issue by just taking it into my bigger trash and getting a real case:P
Hate Acrylic for ever:)

Ask for more

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You'd definitely have to construct it yourself I think. I think the DangerDen one would fit your requirements though.

My dad has had an acrylic case for quite some time, yeah sure it gets dusty and what not, but all cases do. Though I wouldn't say its the strongest thing, unless you use some really thick acrylic.