Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2009, 07:16 AM
Top Prospect

Default Case advice

Hi,

Im loking to get a new pc case big enough to hold my new video card im about to get, gtx 260. id also like it to have a lot of air cooling by defualt.

I was looking at the coolmaster haf 932, it is a bout 170 bucks, but from what ive been reading its really heavy, but it should be the one that gets the job done.

Does anyone know any other cases that are similar for simlar price or cheaper value that isnt quite as heavy or should ijust stick with the haf 932?
Old May 11, 2009, 07:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I personally like Coolermaster cases and the one you are looking at will be good for quite a while. That case would be on my shortlist for sure.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:29 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I personally like Coolermaster cases and the one you are looking at will be good for quite a while. That case would be on my shortlist for sure.

Thing is, i dont drive, so im trying to figure out how im going to get it without paiyng 50 to 100bucks in shipping and handling.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NCIX.com - Buy NCIX.COM $10 Gift Card *Pre Activated* - NCIX-GIFTCARD-10-PA In Canada.

use this, it will give you free ground shipping and don`t forget to price match
Old May 11, 2009, 07:32 AM
Top Prospect

That link doesnt seem to be working.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Which retailer are you thinking of buying it from? As rapmaster said if you buy it from NCIX and buy a $10 or $20 gift card you will get free shippng and you can use the card for a purchase at a later date. Plus if you look around on the web and find a better deal in Canada you can "price match" it, and NCIX will probably give it to you for the lower price.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

After just picking up a HAF, and reading the review on this site, among others, I highly recommend it. I'll never go with a 'small' case again. The bigger the better!

NCIX has free shipping, or ways to get free shipping, all the time.

There is a promo code under the hot deals section if you buy a video card you get free (ground) shipping as well. Or do the 10 or 20 dollar gift card for free ground shipping.

Hunt aroud! Where are you local to? I picked up my HAF from Canada Computers for 165 in Toronto. Paid 15% tax, but it still worked out cheaper then NCIX and paying for shipping.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 11, 2009, 07:46 AM
Top Prospect

I dont know any good online retailers, i dont shop online often, i usually just go to a retailer, but the store i used to go to moved locations, and since then i havent relaly found a good pc shop.

SO any advice would be apprecieated, for ncix i have to buy a gift card to get shippin?

im in north york, don mills and eglinton area.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NCIX is a really good e-tailer and they ship anywhere. A case would be expensive to ship but if you buy the $10 dollar gift card ( to be used at a later date) you get shipping for the entire order for $0. Even if you do not ever use the gift card you will basically be getting your case shipped for $10. Also as Sagath noted he found a better deal, if you request a "price match" from NCIX and can provide a url pertaining to that better price, NCIX usually matches the lower price.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:58 AM
Top Prospect

Im going to take the bus downtown , there is a computer store that has the case up on sale, i want to get a feel for how heavy it is. If ic an ill try to carry it home otherwise ill go online and do the gift card thing.

Is the HAF 932 the best case i can go for at that price range? I really want the air cooling without the need to open all the panels like i usually do with my cases.

And im not enthusiast enough to go water cooling.