Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2009, 11:15 AM
MVP

Default Is anyone familiar with the xclio windtunnel?

Xpress Canada - Cases > Mid Towers : XClio Windtunnel Advanced Super Tower Case.

Its cheap at $85, and on paper seems impressive. 2 x 250mm, 1 x 200 mm on top and you can add a couple 120mm. Newegg is trying to sell them for $180, I'm sure thats a lot more than its worth. Theres a couple poor reviews out there. Theres a whole range of comments on newegg, but of course you dont know how much value to put into those comments. I'd be intertested to hear if anyone has bought this, or seen it in a stor and what they think of it?
Old April 23, 2009, 11:30 AM
Banned

at $ 85 it's not bad at all , I like the LED that display the temp on the front.
Old April 23, 2009, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

If you can pick it up then it's worth ago. But if your gonna get it shipping thats a different story. i know they have good rates for shipping cases. but the wait

It took a set of OCZ rams 2 weeks to get to my door from ontario to alberta

Oh and i summit a ticket about this case , the part title say its Part Number: PC-7FWB, and it should be with a side panel. i still havne't gotten replied from them. This was a month or so ago

Last edited by Silvgearx; April 23, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old April 23, 2009, 08:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

More information on the case can be found here: XClio Windtunnel Advance. Decent looking cases typical use of plastics and standard Steel frame construction, given the price though makes it a very attractive unit. Sadly it would be a great improvement over my Antec P182 at virtually half the price.

Quote:
Pros:
-Cooling and air circulation is excellent
-Has a lot of space all your components
-Very sturdy
-Not that expensive
-Fans are quiet, along with individual fan speed controls

Cons:
-Very heavy, especially when loaded
-Sharp edges
-Not good for wire management, without mods
-No sliding motherboard tray
Regards,

EE
Old April 23, 2009, 09:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I always thought this case was pretty cool. And usually I am more of a minimalist, simple case kind of guy so ya... go for it!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 24, 2009, 06:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I imagine that that case there would be able to keep your Video Cards pretty cool.
I've seen them up close at Canada Computers, and they have quite the heft to them.
Give it a shot, thats a good deal for the price.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 24, 2009, 07:58 AM
MVP

Thanks for the opinions, sounds like it should be OK other than shipping, but I'm not in too much of a hurry. Still not sure how they'll get that thing here for 9.99. I'll order one and see how effective those fans really are. Probably should have bought one of the $69 Antec 900's on boxing day but didnt think I'd need it.
Old April 24, 2009, 08:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Never heard of them before, so I checked out their website. Looks like they have some good gear. If you do purchase this case, you might consider doing a review on it for HWC.

1x240 GB Mushkin Chronos Enhanced SSD - 1x500 GB Seagate Hybrid Momentus - 1X2 TB Western Digital Green - Pioneer DVR-212D - Antec P182 - Rosewill Photon 850 - 2X24" Acer G246HYL - Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old May 2, 2009, 01:50 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

i ordered a coolermaster atcs from them. cheaper than ncix shipped and they had 1 in stock. shipping cost 15bux not bad for such a large item. no tracking though but 2 weeks later box came to my door
Xpress Canada - Cases > Full/Server Towers : Cooler Master ATCS 840 Black Computer Case.

i was reading in some forum (forgot wich one :P) that Canada Computers - Your Neighbourhood Computer Store and Service Centre - PC Systems and Hardware Components, Notebooks, Electronics, and more. is the same company just like ncix/direct canada but it looks like they are based in ontario

gl with your case