Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2007, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Question about Case Paint.

I bought a Tt armor case and have a few questions, been awhile since I had a new case, like 4-5 years.

It is a black version and I want to paint the inside of the case and the windowed door either flat black or semi-gloss.
So for my first question, what would you think would look better flat or S-G? the lighting will be blue, one light at the top one at the bottom.
#2 Sleeving, whats a good brand? black. Last sleeving I did I tried some kit, Vantec I believe and it was horrible crap IMO. I ended up removing what what was sleeved and went to the auto store and got stainless steel. Looked awesome but conductive as hell. Not what I am looking for this time around.

Any and all links, advice, comments are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 14, 2007, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

I can answer the sleeving question. You saw my thread...You know i sleeved a sh!t load of fans, cold cathodes etc... LOL

Personally, i think kits are a big useless. If your planning on sleeving a whole PSU, they might be good for the job as they provide quite a few different sizes of sleeving but even there, it lacks or molex pin remover and stuff. If your new to sleeving, i'd get a kit, that way you get pretty much all sizes... and some sleeving of your choice\size. That way you are sure that you don't end up needing more sleeving of a particular size. If you want to sleeve fans, get 1\4" sleeving.. And get some expandable sleeving. It can fit almost everything from fans to the cables on your power\reset buttons. Expandable up to 150%... You know i ordered mine from Jab-tech and everything was awesome. You're going to need heatshrink as well. 3\8" heatshrink will do the job over 1\4" sleeving. Basically, it's best to get heatshrink one size over your sleeving size.

If you want to shop for sleeving, you'll have to look elsewhere than NCIX.com ...Heh

Bigfoot Computers - Canada's Cooling and Specialty Source has a great selection of sleeving. Get the Techflex sleeving if you want kits.
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old June 15, 2007, 12:53 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I bought a Tt armor case and have a few questions, been awhile since I had a new case, like 4-5 years.

It is a black version and I want to paint the inside of the case and the windowed door either flat black or semi-gloss.
So for my first question, what would you think would look better flat or S-G? the lighting will be blue, one light at the top one at the bottom.
#2 Sleeving, whats a good brand? black. Last sleeving I did I tried some kit, Vantec I believe and it was horrible crap IMO. I ended up removing what what was sleeved and went to the auto store and got stainless steel. Looked awesome but conductive as hell. Not what I am looking for this time around.

Any and all links, advice, comments are welcome.
i bought the Antec 900 (black), and decided to paint the inside matte black. so i broke it down, brought it to work and asked the painter to shoot it matte black. well, he got as far as the primer, which is closer to a dark graphite in color, and then he got fired.
i brought it home and compared it to the rest of the black parts and opted for a can of satin finish clear-coat, and put 3 coats of the stuff on. didn't come out too bad either. as soon as my resident photoshop expert (my wife), can resize the images (whaddya mean 2112x2816 is too big! lol), i'll try and post some pic's later.
i went for the flat finish 'cause i don't want the gloss to over empasize the lighting.
Old June 15, 2007, 03:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklmo View Post
i went for the flat finish 'cause i don't want the gloss to over empasize the lighting.
Thats the effect I am going for. Basically I want the inside to have a absence of light if you get my drift. No reflections.

Patriote:
Cool thanks for the link, I take it you used the bulk, which looks like it is Techflex anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 15, 2007, 04:54 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

there is still going to be some reflection, i'm hoping for it to be more subdued.
the flash on my camera really lightens the second pic, the first photo is truer to color. you can see the spray pattern on the inside, but i wasn't too concerned with it there as the mobo covers there. as a side note, if you have access to a sandblast machine, i recommend shooting it before priming it (better adherence). i would've but the sand blast at work is down.
Attached Images

Old June 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

btw, anybody have any links to any Canadian sites that sell grommet edging. not necessarily the "0" type. i'm looking for the strip kind i can cut to length for square holes.