Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Baby has some new Diggs!!! HAF-932 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/15631-baby-has-some-new-diggs-haf-932-a.html)

CasheKicker March 10, 2009 04:14 PM

Baby has some new Diggs!!! HAF-932
 
2 Attachment(s)
Well I had 3x8800GTS 512 deals fall through on my in the last 2 weeks. Been aching to increase production folding and was going to add a couple GPUs.

Well since I missed out on all the deals... and I hit my 20yr mark in the military today, which makes me pensionable... I just happened to walk into a local computer shop, low and behold what have we here!!!!

OH Yeah. This is one sweet case. Just in time for the new thermal paste trials. Diamonds are forever.:punk:

CasheKicker March 10, 2009 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
1st thinks 1st though.

This case is getting stripped down and getting a fresh coat of satin black finish applied to her innards. The unfinished steel color just don't cut it.

chrisk March 10, 2009 05:21 PM

I am stuck between this case and the Sniper. If I can get a great deal on either then that will help me decide. I don't care about the colour inside, but I am not fond of the red leds, as I want a dark room when watching movies. What I like about the Sniper is the ability to turn off the leds, and the fan controller. What I like about the HAF is the extra room, better cooling, and there is more room to place a PSU on the bottom (with the fan facing downwards).

Great case though. I almost walked into Canada Computers a few mins ago while near there and picked this one up. I'll wait a few more days to see if a deal springs up on this or the Sniper.

Neolithium_Wpg March 10, 2009 05:30 PM

I definitely love the HAF too, took a chance on it after reading the review here, and never looked back. Then again I'm going to try the Corsair case once it's released but this thing provides some nice room to tinker in.

Congrats on the 20 year mark too!

CasheKicker March 10, 2009 05:31 PM

Well if you really do not want red LED it would be a simple snip of the leads that provide power to the LED lights. Or , I kinda like the red LED, we could always swap fans. LOL,

This case is very well laid out. I swear I could fit my 4 yr old inside and close the side panel. Ok not quite but I think you get the idea. Cable mangement will be a breeze. A welcom change from the mess I have in my Antec 900. Love the case but a horrible case when tring to neat things up, Rig # 2 will inherit the Antec. Going to have fun preping for the rebuild. I really like that I wont have to remove the Mobo to remove my TRUE-X 120 and test the thermal paste.

Gigidy Gigidy!

Realityshift March 10, 2009 05:32 PM

The haf is nice but its a dust machine vs the sniper which has dust filters at all the fan ports. Satin black will deffinetly finish that case up nicely though =D

chrisk March 10, 2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasheKicker (Post 161490)
Well since I missed out on all the deals... and I hit my 20yr mark in the military today, which makes me pensionable.

Congrats too! Thanks for the years of service! :canadianwave:

chrisk March 10, 2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasheKicker (Post 161520)
Well if you really do not want red LED it would be a simple snip of the leads that provide power to the LED lights. Or , I kinda like the red LED, we could always swap fans. LOL,

This case is very well laid out. I swear I could fit my 4 yr old inside and close the side panel. Ok not quite but I think you get the idea. Cable mangement will be a breeze. A welcom change from the mess I have in my Antec 900. Love the case but a horrible case when tring to neat things up, Rig # 2 will inherit the Antec. Going to have fun preping for the rebuild. I really like that I wont have to remove the Mobo to remove my TRUE-X 120 and test the thermal paste.

Gigidy Gigidy!

Lol look at my sig...my feelings exactly and my plan is to move to rig #2 in my sig.

Might have to take you up on that offer on the fans lol (kidding, don't know if I can be without that big fan for a few weeks due to shipping...if you were nearby then I would do it in a sec)

CasheKicker March 10, 2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Realityshift (Post 161521)
The haf is nice but its a dust machine vs the sniper which has dust filters at all the fan ports. Satin black will deffinetly finish that case up nicely though =D

I am working on some improv dust filters for the HAF. Will let you know how it works out.

Neolithium_Wpg March 10, 2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasheKicker (Post 161520)
Well if you really do not want red LED it would be a simple snip of the leads that provide power to the LED lights. Or , I kinda like the red LED, we could always swap fans.

I actually noticed this a few days ago. Sure it's a bit pricey since it's right from Coolermaster, but meh. CM Store


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 PM.