Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2009, 05:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

thanks, ill pass the tip on to the guy that bought it off me he was kinda pissed about that even though i warned him about it
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old August 8, 2009, 11:46 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Hi, first post and figured it may as well be in this thread since I just bought a Raven. I did a ton of research for a new case online and Hardware Canucks is one of the informative sites I was led to. Being Canadian and somewhat of a computer enthusiast I figured I'd better join this illustrious group. Everyone seems to be friendly and knowledgable. But back to the case...

In fact I just got back from the store today. I went with tape measure in hand to take a look at the Raven which I ordered solely to have a look at before deciding between this or Cooler Master ATCS 840 or Thermaltake Spedo. Store dude brings out box from the back room and it is massive! I requested to see the case itself explaining my concern for the size. He obliged and we took the case out. It was suprisingly light for a 33lb steel & plastic housing. I measured the distance between the feet since I am considering to sit the case on my 24" wide desk rather than the floor. Turns out the base is 22" so that works out well. Also, the case itself is much better looking in person than photos/videos on the 'net would lead one to believe. The case is less angular/edgy looking and very sleek. The window is great and the interior is black despite some photos online showing a silver/gray interior. I could hear other customers in the store saying 'wow!' when the case was removed from the carton.

So I decided to buy it. It was $10 cheaper @ store than Newegg or NCIX plus avoided shipping fees.

Will try to set up this w/e and hopefully all will go well as far as cabling and stuff goes. I plan to continue to use my stock SATA cables and my Corsair HX620 modular PSU. Considering on a Corsair HX850 modular down the road and adding a second HD4890 video card in, too.

The empty packing box will double as a play house for the kids. ;)
System Spec Peripherals: Corsair H70 cpu cooler (w/ 2 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans) | Zalman MFC3 fan controller | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium kb | Steelseries Sensei mouse | Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers | SteelSeries SX mouse surface
For the real serious stuff: 2.53GHz Mac Mini | 4GB DDR3 1066 RAM | 320GB HDD | Samsung P2250 (x2) | Apple Magic Mouse | Apple Magic Trackpad | Apple Wireless KB | Drobo FS 6.5TB
Laptops: Dell XPS M1530 | Asus G74SX-DH71
Surface Pro 128GB
Old August 23, 2009, 01:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

congrats lol, its an awesome case.
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay