Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old March 1, 2009, 09:08 PM
arekieh's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 819
Default

Yep, I pricematched at ncix for $233 becasue there shipping is cheaper. Ended up being $270 shipped including gst. Ordered it about 1 hr ago. Cant wait for it :) ill be sure to takes lots of pics
__________________
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old March 1, 2009, 09:08 PM
encorp's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,425

My System Specs

Default

I don't like it because it was a complete waste of R&D on Silverstone's behalf; it dosn't offer near the cooling potential for something you'd expect. Plus even though it does look neat; the gear looks stupid as sin when it points upwards. I think it's a terrible case :D


;p just doing you a favour!
__________________
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old March 1, 2009, 10:27 PM
Phobia's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 1,157
Default

I have mixed minds about this case. Im not a big fan of the looks down below. I like a nice smooth down below It looks too busy down there for my tastes. I do like the flipped motherboard idea though, its never been done before, so thats kind of cool.

I want to see pics of it set up, to see how good the cable management is!
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old March 1, 2009, 10:39 PM
arekieh's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I don't like it because it was a complete waste of R&D on Silverstone's behalf; it dosn't offer near the cooling potential for something you'd expect. Plus even though it does look neat; the gear looks stupid as sin when it points upwards. I think it's a terrible case :D


;p just doing you a favour!
The only reason i think the cooling is gonna be very good for me, is that i have no gpu, im gonna be running onboard since i dont game. And needed to sell the 9600GSO instead of folding on it to get the money for this case. Hopefully the hot air rises thing will help when there is less obstructons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
I have mixed minds about this case. Im not a big fan of the looks down below. I like a nice smooth down below It looks too busy down there for my tastes. I do like the flipped motherboard idea though, its never been done before, so thats kind of cool.

I want to see pics of it set up, to see how good the cable management is!
Definitely will get a bunch of pics as i put it together. Im thinking of buying some red CCFL's and putting them behind the vents on the sides??? Good idea? Or maybe just some white ones to illuminate the inside. (windows are pointless when u cant see anything lol)
__________________
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old March 1, 2009, 11:04 PM
encorp's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,425

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
The only reason i think the cooling is gonna be very good for me, is that i have no gpu, im gonna be running onboard since i dont game. And needed to sell the 9600GSO instead of folding on it to get the money for this case. Hopefully the hot air rises thing will help when there is less obstructons.

Definitely will get a bunch of pics as i put it together. Im thinking of buying some red CCFL's and putting them behind the vents on the sides??? Good idea? Or maybe just some white ones to illuminate the inside. (windows are pointless when u cant see anything lol)

You won't have any heat issues what so ever if you are only using on board video :)
__________________
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old March 2, 2009, 08:47 AM
Alwaysrun's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Qualicum Beach BC
Posts: 801

My System Specs

Default

Why not to buy a Raven.

-I keep looking at the front of the Raven expecting it to say "Autobots, Roll out"
-It's got more plastic than a Baywatch reunion special.
-Extreme Case, Extreme Interior, Built by a toddler
-Cuz it's not a Temjin
-USB ports to close together.
-To costly

Surely you can't need all that interior space for a none gaming rig. I think if it's just a case for looks your aiming for you could do better for the price. Get an Antec Skeleton, it'll get more laughs.
Silverstone makes some of the most stylish beautiful cases around, with all alluminum construction and such refined lines and then release this plastic/steel montrosity is an assault on good taste.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old March 3, 2009, 03:42 PM
Jackquelegs's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 2,590

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
-I keep looking at the front of the Raven expecting it to say "Autobots, Roll out"
-It's got more plastic than a Baywatch reunion special.
-Extreme Case, Extreme Interior, Built by a toddler
-Cuz it's not a Temjin
-USB ports to close together.
-To costly
That's gold
However if you like the looks of the Raven, it's not a bad buy. For 199$ at HWC store you do get a pretty good deal.
__________________
Iapetos
Intel Core i7 930 D0 4.2ghz, Corsair XMS3 6X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 8-8-8-24, Xfire HD5870, Intel X-25M 34nm 80gb, Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W, Xonar D2X

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old March 3, 2009, 05:15 PM
arekieh's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 819
Default

@ Encorp. ya im hoping the heat rising thing will work really good with no gpu in the case :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Why not to buy a Raven.

-I keep looking at the front of the Raven expecting it to say "Autobots, Roll out"
-It's got more plastic than a Baywatch reunion special.
-Extreme Case, Extreme Interior, Built by a toddler
-Cuz it's not a Temjin
-USB ports to close together.
-To costly

Surely you can't need all that interior space for a none gaming rig. I think if it's just a case for looks your aiming for you could do better for the price. Get an Antec Skeleton, it'll get more laughs.
Silverstone makes some of the most stylish beautiful cases around, with all alluminum construction and such refined lines and then release this plastic/steel montrosity is an assault on good taste.
Rofl :). i had the FT01. but i feel like getting something more unique now. The FT01 was beatiful. I kinda wish i never sold it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
That's gold
However if you like the looks of the Raven, it's not a bad buy. For 199$ at HWC store you do get a pretty good deal.
sadly they had no more in stock :(. next cheapest was Bestdirect Pm'D to ncix for $270 shipped with gst :/. Should be here tomorrow
__________________
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old March 3, 2009, 06:58 PM
Jackquelegs's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 2,590

My System Specs

Default

WHoa hoho
ATSC 840 for that price now
__________________
Iapetos
Intel Core i7 930 D0 4.2ghz, Corsair XMS3 6X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 8-8-8-24, Xfire HD5870, Intel X-25M 34nm 80gb, Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W, Xonar D2X

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old March 3, 2009, 07:02 PM
arekieh's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 819
Default

that case is... meh... to me. Never liked CM that much.
__________________
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Antec 1200 vs Silverstone Raven francesthemutes Cases 15 March 30, 2009 06:00 PM
SOLD: Silverstone Raven RV01 has been added to the store Gav Hardware Canucks Store 14 February 28, 2009 06:45 PM
Silverstone RVM01B RAVEN Gaming Mouse Review CTA Peripherals 10 October 4, 2008 10:00 AM