LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Silverstone Raven RV01 Product Showcase Video Comment Thread

We're at it again!

Silverstone Raven RV01
Hardware Canucks Product Showcase

Yes, yes, AkG has already done a review on the Raven, but given the fact that this case is so unique to the market and really has a lot to boast about - we felt compelled to film it in all its glory.

To comment, please head over to YouTube and leave a comment under the video. If you don't have a YouTube account, we encourage you to signup and subscribe to the Hardware Canucks YouTube Channel! We want all your comments and questions, give us ideas for future videos, things to improve on, or what you liked most!

Old February 17, 2009, 07:02 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Great job as usual FiXT.
Old February 17, 2009, 07:08 PM
Banned
F@H

Hah! Awesome. Great to see in HD!!!

Old February 17, 2009, 07:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Great work. But can we request a hand model with less forearm hair? I only noticed because I suffer from the same affliction myself.
Old February 17, 2009, 08:06 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Great work. But can we request a hand model with less forearm hair? I only noticed because I suffer from the same affliction myself.

Quote of the day.
Old February 17, 2009, 08:10 PM
Banned
F@H

Heh, I was gonna say...need a hand model!

BUt on a serious note, your enunciation and tone are perfect, the music well chosen, and the images perfect. I couldn't be more impressed!

Old February 17, 2009, 08:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

HWC HD reviews easily puts other video reviews to shame. I know it sounds cheesy, but I like how you take your time between transitions. When I'm reading a review I tend not to rush. PERFECT FiXT! Keep 'em coming.
Old February 17, 2009, 10:02 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

I really should be posting this on youtube, but they limit the word count. I don't want to pimp out youtube, but if you havn't done so already, definitely create a youtube account and subscribe to the HWC channel. Heck even if you have no intention of going to youtube except to watch HWC, do it anyways. You will get notifications and updates whenever we release new videos and other perks (YTBD)

HA!
If you can find me a early 20 year old female model - I have NO problems making her a permanent addition to the cast :P
Unfortunately for this episode pickings and time was slim so we had to make do.

On the plus side, It depicts our beaver mascots arm perfectly. Abnormally slender (prefer slender over skinny ;) and as one would expect with a beaver - rather hairy ;)

While I know many people have said they also liked the previous videos longer "holds" on still shots. There were so many features of this case that I felt just wouldn't be picked up, by combining a bunch of still shots from far back.
Also, we wanted to experiment with a bit more, dare I say, "artsy" type of film - adding in things to keep the episode entertaining, even if it just consisted of simple pans and zooms. It can get boring rather quickly staring at the same thing for 2 minutes :P
Old February 17, 2009, 10:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

Good video..

To much echo/reverb of voice.

Need a room with more padding :D
Old February 17, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Good video..

To much echo/reverb of voice.

Need a room with more padding :D
Oh most definitely. The current setup is less than ideal and a replacement is "under construction"

This should eliminate both the echo and the white noise, or air conditioner as it is known :P

I have actually had a few suggestions that the recording be done in a car. Manufacturers spend millions on vehicle sound dampening - its apparently a next to ideal place. Who knows, maybe something to try for the next one if things aren't completed in time