Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2009, 05:04 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
F@H

Default Cooler Master Storm Sniper Case Review Thread

Quote:
The “Storm Series” is a completely new line of cases from Cooler Master that tailors specifically to hardware enthusiasts and gamers. Although the Sniper is the only case in the Storm series to date, we expect to see other cases emerge throughout the year. In case you were wondering, Cooler Master describes the Storm series with the statement: “..guarantees unbeatable, secure reliability that is completely tuned to gamers’ needs. With a total dedication to Strength, Security and Control, Storm Tactics will keep your most vital gear fortified and well tuned at all times.” Although that is an absolutely off the wall statement, we can’t argue about the rich feature set that the Storm Sniper brings to the table.
Read the full review here.
Old February 13, 2009, 05:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Great review lemonlime!!

I think Coolermaster did a real good job with this case and I'd seriously consider this case if I attended lans more often. A few of things I would had to like to have seen was a black interior (personal preference) holes where the fans are should have been stamped larger, the look reminds me of a cheap case and lastly I wish Coolermaster and all manufacturers would start sleaving or use black wiring for the Input/output hubs.

Edit: The type of steel they used reminds of the cheaper type found on budget or value branded cases, what do you think?

Regards,

EE

Last edited by Eagle Eye; February 14, 2009 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Can't sepll
Old February 13, 2009, 05:27 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I was hoping the whole thing would be a bit lighter. Giving it handles is great but if it is too heavy to lift, those handles are pretty much pointless.
Old February 13, 2009, 05:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Heh, Sky try it with a fully loaded Antec P182 its heavy and has no handles anywhere.
Old February 13, 2009, 05:36 AM
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Edit: The type of steel they use reminds of the cheaper type found on budget or value branded cases, what do you think?
Thanks for the comments, EE. Although it is steel and significantly heavier than aluminum models, it is a thicker, sturdier type of steel than what is found in low-budget cases.
Old February 13, 2009, 06:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I do like the over design of this case, CM really seems to be stepping it up with their case construction.
Good review, I would have liked to see some Thermal Comparisons from that vs the 840/932 but thats just a personal thing.

Hopefully, they will focus much of that energy they have nowadays to some Mid-towers as well. I love the 690 and all, but I think they need a newer line there as well.

My thoughts at least,
Thanks Lemonlime,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 13, 2009, 07:04 AM
F@H

Just an FYI to everyone. This will probably be the last HWC case review that does not include temperature measurements. In the future, all case reviews will include a cooling performance section with readings, graphs and the whole works.
Old February 14, 2009, 05:56 AM
Top Prospect

I like it...
Great review...
I have the 932 HAF, and it's quite similar in design and layout...except for the damn red leds in the front fan!! The lights on the HAF are blue, but the fan is red? WTF??
Asus Rampage II GENE Motherboard
2 x Asus GTX 285 in SLI (710/1617/2700)
1 x 1tb WD Black
3 x WD 640AAKS in RAID 0
Enermax 85-1050 PSU
HP 30" 2560x1600, G19, G7, M-Audio Q40 Headset

Old February 14, 2009, 07:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Superb review lemonline! The case is quite amazing in its entire form.

However, I think I'm starting to change my thoughts whether I want a big case or not. I have the P182, and I think it's quite massive. Having a smaller case is the sweet spot for me I think these days.
Old March 9, 2009, 12:52 PM
F@H

Looks like I got some performance testing with the CM Sniper done after all! Please refer to the TT Spedo review. Results for CPU, GPUs, PSU exhaust and MB are included

Please note that the testing configuration is different than what was pictured in the Sniper review. See the testing methodology section for more detail.