Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Cooler Master Storm Sniper Case Review Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/14847-cooler-master-storm-sniper-case-review-thread.html)

lemonlime February 13, 2009 05:04 AM

Cooler Master Storm Sniper Case Review Thread

Quote:

The “Storm Series” is a completely new line of cases from Cooler Master that tailors specifically to hardware enthusiasts and gamers. Although the Sniper is the only case in the Storm series to date, we expect to see other cases emerge throughout the year. In case you were wondering, Cooler Master describes the Storm series with the statement: “..guarantees unbeatable, secure reliability that is completely tuned to gamers’ needs. With a total dedication to Strength, Security and Control, Storm Tactics will keep your most vital gear fortified and well tuned at all times.” Although that is an absolutely off the wall statement, we can’t argue about the rich feature set that the Storm Sniper brings to the table.
Read the full review here.

Eagle Eye February 13, 2009 05:23 AM

Great review lemonlime!!

I think Coolermaster did a real good job with this case and I'd seriously consider this case if I attended lans more often. A few of things I would had to like to have seen was a black interior (personal preference) holes where the fans are should have been stamped larger, the look reminds me of a cheap case and lastly I wish Coolermaster and all manufacturers would start sleaving or use black wiring for the Input/output hubs.

Edit: The type of steel they used reminds of the cheaper type found on budget or value branded cases, what do you think?

Regards,

EE

SKYMTL February 13, 2009 05:27 AM

I was hoping the whole thing would be a bit lighter. Giving it handles is great but if it is too heavy to lift, those handles are pretty much pointless.

Eagle Eye February 13, 2009 05:30 AM

Heh, Sky try it with a fully loaded Antec P182 its heavy and has no handles anywhere.

lemonlime February 13, 2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye (Post 150612)
Edit: The type of steel they use reminds of the cheaper type found on budget or value branded cases, what do you think?

Thanks for the comments, EE. Although it is steel and significantly heavier than aluminum models, it is a thicker, sturdier type of steel than what is found in low-budget cases.

Soultribunal February 13, 2009 06:39 AM

I do like the over design of this case, CM really seems to be stepping it up with their case construction.
Good review, I would have liked to see some Thermal Comparisons from that vs the 840/932 but thats just a personal thing.

Hopefully, they will focus much of that energy they have nowadays to some Mid-towers as well. I love the 690 and all, but I think they need a newer line there as well.

My thoughts at least,
Thanks Lemonlime,

ST

lemonlime February 13, 2009 07:04 AM

Just an FYI to everyone. This will probably be the last HWC case review that does not include temperature measurements. In the future, all case reviews will include a cooling performance section with readings, graphs and the whole works. :thumb:

Toronto122 February 14, 2009 05:56 AM

I like it...
Great review...
I have the 932 HAF, and it's quite similar in design and layout...except for the damn red leds in the front fan!! The lights on the HAF are blue, but the fan is red? WTF??

bojangles February 14, 2009 07:44 AM

Superb review lemonline! The case is quite amazing in its entire form.

However, I think I'm starting to change my thoughts whether I want a big case or not. I have the P182, and I think it's quite massive. Having a smaller case is the sweet spot for me I think these days.

lemonlime March 9, 2009 12:52 PM

Looks like I got some performance testing with the CM Sniper done after all! Please refer to the TT Spedo review. Results for CPU, GPUs, PSU exhaust and MB are included :thumb:

Please note that the testing configuration is different than what was pictured in the Sniper review. See the testing methodology section for more detail.