Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2009, 05:10 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I know this post is slightly old but I'm new to the forms and I figured what better for a first post.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the 900's cable management capability, and I just don't agree with them. This was my first serious build (serious meaning trying to build a really nice rig and keep it real pretty and tidy).
I've had it since June 2008 and have been adding things and doing slight mods to it a little bit at a time, and save for the sata cables, I think I have all the other cables managed pretty darn good.

I've painted it black, and I only cut three holes.
-one in the top bringing the front panel connectors behind the drive bays (pic two). Done with dremel, doesn't have to be too clean as its tucked out of sight.
-one just below the usb headers of my P5Q-Pro for the PCI-E power connector and the usb/firewire headers.
-and drilled one small hole (size of a standoff hole) for ziptie purposes under the mobo.

For people with smaller PSU's its a little tricky but you can run all (almost) of your PSU cables through the hole on the inside of the psu. Theres not much room, but enough with my Earthwatts 430 watt.

Anyways, new Revision looks nice. Even better cabel managment I say!
Old January 27, 2009, 04:42 AM
Banned

I quite agree with you Max. There is great cable management is the 9xx and 1200 series yet people say there is not.

Makes you wonder at times if they really know what they are doing at times. LOL!!!!!!!