Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2009, 05:08 PM
MVP

I'm a sucker for Lian-Li's or Silverstones but if your not looking to spend that much then my next suggestion would be the HAF. It's a really ncie case for the price.

The TJ-09/10 from Silverstone are very nice and aren't insanley huge.

I love my LL P80, but it's absolutly massive and unless you like a workout every tiem you move it, probably not a great choice since you LAN alot. Even one of their midtowers might suit your needs.
Old January 7, 2009, 11:36 PM
Top Prospect

Holy crap, so many replies...
Errr, thanks for the suggestions guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
thats kinda a dumb reason not to pick up a great case at a great price imo, but.. its your choice not mine. lol
Well I shouldn't say I CAN'T but it's just I want a case that stands out... Although I do have 2 other modded cases. Those are pretty original.

I don't mind spending up to $200... Vortex you were wondering.

Bah what the heck I think I'll get the HAF. Maybe do a crazy paint job on it or something. Saw a video review for it and it looks amazing.

Unless there are any other suggestions. I was looking at the ZXT Khoas or the CoolerMaster ATCS 840.
Old January 7, 2009, 11:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Paint the solid bits a sort of translucent red so it is just barely noticeable? Mostly black with a hint of red you know? I dunno, that or anything with holes in it.

Just so it is not the same as every other one but not solid lime green or something nasty like that.
Old January 8, 2009, 05:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This is comming from a NZXT Fanboy....

DO NOT GET THE KHAOS!!!

NZXT is a 50/50 split. Half of their Cases are good (Tempest, Apollo, Guardian) , and Half of their cases are terrible (Khaos, Alpha, Hush).

If your gonna do the Paintwork, then yeah grab the HAF. I think half the members here have one now LOL!
They are damn good for versitility and build design.

Good Luck,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 8, 2009, 11:22 AM
Top Prospect

Meh, the tempest looks too much like the Antec 900.
However that was also the only one I really liked the looks of.
Also I wouldn't put the appollo up there in 'great' cases. Stock cooling is horrible.

Yeah definitely the HAF... That or the CM ATCS 840. Although it looks a little big.
So how do you guys recommend I paint it? Brush? Tape and spray paint? What kind of paint.
I have some experience painting cases. However those didn't exactly turn out well. I used masking tape and spray paint.
The paint ended up running and I used a dull knife to cut the tape in the pattern I wanted but that cut the case paint as well...
Old January 8, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

get the haf!!!

Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old January 8, 2009, 07:57 PM
Top Prospect

wow, that's a sexy looking case. The insides are pretty decent too. How old is your comp?

Any suggestions on how to paint it guys??
Old January 8, 2009, 08:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

serenity the haf makes everything look small.

Old January 8, 2009, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

ugg, i need to quit school and work more.. the HAF looks so nice.. me want :(
Old January 8, 2009, 08:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity View Post
Meh, the tempest looks too much like the Antec 900.
However that was also the only one I really liked the looks of.
Also I wouldn't put the appollo up there in 'great' cases. Stock cooling is horrible.

Yeah definitely the HAF... That or the CM ATCS 840. Although it looks a little big.
So how do you guys recommend I paint it? Brush? Tape and spray paint? What kind of paint.
I have some experience painting cases. However those didn't exactly turn out well. I used masking tape and spray paint.
The paint ended up running and I used a dull knife to cut the tape in the pattern I wanted but that cut the case paint as well...
I said Good, not great Serenity. I use the Apollo, and I think 2 or 3 other people here do as well. They are by no means there with the Greats (SS, TT, Lian Li)
Yeah, stock cooling sucks but, it like anything else can be improved.
Isn't that the fun of modding and tinkering on computers?

But yes, the HAF is the new king of cases, and even I have my sights set on it for a future build.

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com