Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Case for i7 Build

I'm building an i7. I already have the CPU, but I must wait another two weeks until payday, so I can get the MB and RAM. I will have extra for a case, which I believe will be IMPERATIVE in the success of my build, as in enough room.

I've been doing a bit of homework and I've been seriously considering the Antec 1200 or HAF 932. I was wondering which one should I get? I've read several reviews on each and they both get great marks, which makes the decision even harder.

Of course, other suggestions for cases are welcome!

Thank you
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old December 26, 2008, 06:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

never owned a Antec 1200, but i recently bought the HAF 932. i really love it, it really makes installing everything a breeze and the holes that it has makes cable managing very easy. If you ever go water cooling it has some features that will help you.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old December 26, 2008, 06:54 PM
MVP

Haf 932 all the way, it really is a great case for the price. Very good for cable management and is nice and quiet with those big fans. It's also very watercooling friendly.

The 1200 just doesn't measure up IMO, the only thing I really like about it is the black interior, which you can do witth the HAF in a weekend and a trip to Canadian Tire. It also looks strangely out of proportion to me.
Old December 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If your willing to spend an extra $125 above and beyond the cost of a HAF, the Silverstone TJ07/ 09 / 10 offer great space, cooling and styling. The HAF 932 are very good "practical" cases, but they do tend to have that "Army" grunt look to them.....

Old December 26, 2008, 07:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
If your willing to spend an extra $125 above and beyond the cost of a HAF, the Silverstone TJ07/ 09 / 10 offer great space, cooling and styling. The HAF 932 are very good "practical" cases, but they do tend to have that "Army" grunt look to them.....
good thing i like that "army" grunt look .
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old December 26, 2008, 07:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yeah, I'm more for the grunt look as well, makes it look mean. I understand what you mean by out of proportion when you look at the antec 1200, I reckon the same thing. It's a bit too tall for its length, perhaps?

The TJ07/09 look...almost alien to me. I don't see as many features apparent as I look inside. I'll consider those and do some homework on them, but I'm leaning more to HAF932 as of now.

3 for HAF932, 0 for Antec 1200.
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old December 26, 2008, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thier you go, for your purusal...
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration

Old December 26, 2008, 08:33 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
Yeah, I'm more for the grunt look as well, makes it look mean. I understand what you mean by out of proportion when you look at the antec 1200, I reckon the same thing. It's a bit too tall for its length, perhaps?

The TJ07/09 look...almost alien to me. I don't see as many features apparent as I look inside. I'll consider those and do some homework on them, but I'm leaning more to HAF932 as of now.

3 for HAF932, 0 for Antec 1200.
As the owner of an Antec 1200 I really like it except for two flaws:

The cable management options are good except for needing another 1/8 inch behind the M/B so the side won't bulge if you have thick cables like the PCP&C.
The case has wonderful airflow, I like having a fan less than inch from the end of my GPU's plus one on the side, the dust filters do a great job Except for the fact you have take off both side panels and undo 24 thumbscrews to get the three front filters out for cleaning :rtfm:.
I bought it because of the Black interior, blue LED's instead of red and I think it looks better than the HAF. I still like it but would think twice next time unless they fix those front dust filters...

Old December 26, 2008, 09:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Perhaps if the HAF were a bit less army and a bit more...lexus it would be an awesome buy. But it has more fan and overall more options for water cooling, should I choose to go mental and buy a WC setup. I'm a bit sold on the HAF now, perhaps I'll paint the inside black when I get it and be happy.

Thank-you for the Silverstone link, rjbaker
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One

Last edited by ImmaPC; December 26, 2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old December 27, 2008, 06:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm would buy a Lian-li/Silverstone anytime, but with my current budget, I bought a HAF 932 I'm waiting for Puro to drop it off at my house !

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware