Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 23, 2008, 10:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Looking for a new case

Hey HWC, lately i been using the CM690. Now don't go off saying how it is such a great case or whatever, i totally agree. The truth is i want something that has more airflow + better look to it ( I'm sorry the cm690 looks dull to me). It is almost Christmas and boxing day so I'm ready to spend a few dollars on a brand new case.

Few cases i been eyeing are:

Cooler Master HAF 932:
I really like this one, good cooling, looks bad ass, plenty of room for cable managing and airflow. The major problems i got with this one is weight. I move my computer occasionally so does any one have experience moving this beast?

Thermaltake VH8000BWS Armor+ MX:
I kind of like this one, about the same price as the HAF. Yes i know this is a mid and HAF is a full tower. Any reason i would take this is because its lighter.

If anyone needs to know my budget is around 200$. Also i don't really need a water cooling option. BTW i'll probably be buying all these parts at a local canadacomputers. Anyone's opinions are welcome, and please share your experience with the case you suggest.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"

Last edited by Dar_ell; December 24, 2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old December 24, 2008, 01:22 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I have the HAF, it's a great case. It comes with little wheels to put on the bottom so if you're moving it from room to room weight shouldn't be an issue. However, I wouldn't reccomend it for a LAN party case or anything like that.
Old December 24, 2008, 01:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

hmm wheels, sounds awesome! Yea, is there a cut out handle on the HAF's case? I used the CM690 box as it's traveling box most of the time since it had a cut out handle. If it does i don't think the weight will be that bad, unless the box gives out and my case falls down the stairs..
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old December 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm waiting for my HAF . It shipped on monday! I can't wait!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old December 24, 2008, 02:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
I'm waiting for my HAF . It shipped on monday! I can't wait!
sweet, i hope you share your experience with it and any flaws it might have (i doubt it ).