Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19, 2008, 05:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default I think I want this case...

No reviews on it yet , however when my old board/chip/VC come out of my Apollo during its full refit, I think I'll buy this to house it all and put it to work.

In theory, its a better case (full tower) than my Apollo. But I like my Apollo enough to keep it as my main unit.

NZXT. Products.

I guess, besides being an ATI Fanboy, I'm also a NZXT Fanboy.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 19, 2008, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Then buy it...personally I tend to dislike "space age" looking Cases with lots of plastic and lean towards more stylish and functional Cases, with of course GPU cooling being at the forefront (2 x 280's). Just looking at the orientation of the MOBO / PSU in that "full case" I can see that my GPU's are going to be stuck right at the bottom of the case with little "breathing room" and competing with the Hard Drives for what little air gets past them...
When I saw the design of the Silverstone TJ09 / TJ10, I was extremely impressed with Cooling Solution they use as well as space...seperate compartment fwd of the 120mm intake fan (dedicated for cooling GPU's) for up to 6 HD's (with its own dedicated 120mm cooling fan)....its certainly not a "toy" and the price also reflects this!
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration
Quote:
I guess, besides being an ATI Fanboy, I'm also a NZXT Fanboy.
Being a dedicated Hard Core Fan Boy leaves you vulnerable to missing out on some very good products!

Old December 19, 2008, 01:53 PM
Allstar

I was almost a NZXT fanboy until I got a hold of 2 of their Hush cases. Let me tell you, they are the loudest cases I've heard in a long time haha. And frankly for the money they are charging, you can get a hell of a lot better of a case.

I will second the recommendation of a Silverstone case. I have the TJ05BX and absolutely love it. I'm more than happy with the cost which wasn't too bad at all. I think they are around $150 or so.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old December 19, 2008, 02:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
I was almost a NZXT fanboy until I got a hold of 2 of their Hush cases. Let me tell you, they are the loudest cases I've heard in a long time haha.
i have one, it doesn't seem loud to me, i'm moving to a HAF 932 though.. the hush is way too hot and i cant mount a TRUE in it either. :( also i dont like the front door covering 1/2 of the front fan and my sound card I/O drive. definalty not a case for a system that needs room or airflow.. lol

Old December 19, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ewww so much better cases out there than the NZXTs.
Old December 19, 2008, 03:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I used to like nzxt's designs then i looked at cooler master and never went back.. nzxt uses a lot of plastic.

Old December 19, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
nzxt uses a lot of plastic.
Yep so did my older Smilidon Raidmax....lots of fancy lights on the outside...very "space age high tech" looking but really not a good performance case at all....these Cases are more geared towards kids like my sons age 17....they like all those snazzy lights and stuff regardless of the plastic and whether its practical or not...Ha...he loved my old Raidmax, but kinda sluffed off the Silverstone...not enough fancy lights I guess!!

Old December 19, 2008, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep...soon as I saw your Post Soultribunal I knew you kinda set yourself up .....oh well...take it all in stride, and like we always say here...if YOU like it...then thats what really matters!

Old December 19, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I just dont like plastic....

The only plastic in my case are my case fans!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old December 19, 2008, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

You know.. I had only bought one case, it was the NZXT Lexa Case. I originally owned the Gigabyte Aurora 3d. The first version they had, was encountering some problems, that really weren't problems, but you know they usually occur when you just keep repeating them lol!.. So I went and bought that Lexa case, believe it or not I returned it the next day.

Why, because: Honestly who made that case, it was an almost 95% copied design from the Gigabyte, the 5 1/4" bays, the Hard drive cage, ditto copy. Even though it was aluminium, it felt cheaply built, noises coming, it felt like plastic really. That was the first and last time I ever bought an NZXT case.

I always wanted to buy one of those Cooler Master cases, I was really tempted on the Stacker 830/832 case, and now it is the HAF 932, just the $$$..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution