Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case Review comment thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/11582-cooler-master-haf-932-full-tower-case-review-comment-thread.html)

AkG November 7, 2008 05:59 AM

Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case Review comment thread

Our in depth review of Cooler Master's latest case is now live.

After working with this case for a few weeks, I can honestly say that this case only gets better and better. If you are looking for a full size case, and you don't mind the weight of it, this case HAS to be on your "short list". Even if the case ascetics is not to your liking, you should still give it a lot of thought before dismissing it out of hand as it has a lot to offer.

You can read my review here: HAF 932

Hope you enjoy it!
AkG

SmogTown November 7, 2008 08:09 AM

Well I'm definitely in the love it group. I own a haf and am very pleased with it. Great review.

miggs78 November 7, 2008 09:30 AM

AkG.. You are my sunshine my only sunshine, you make me happy .......... :P

Very nicely written review, most reviewerd just review the case, look at the interior/exterior, some more stuff, cable management, insalling, and that is it. You went one step ahead and looked at water cooling techniques, installing dual rads on the side panel, I never even thought of that, freakin' genius :D

But how come you never checked for temperatures really?

One thing you want to edit: "it is effective at its main goals of protecting the HAF 923 in shipping and drawing attention to itself."

Oh and you made me laugh "You could probably hit this box with your car and not damage the HAF 932".. LOL.. kill the case.

:bananafunky::thumb:

EaGle1337 November 7, 2008 03:13 PM

AkG you are evil 13 pages.. that took me like 30 mins to read only to have it sum up what i thought of the case, great review, you whent overboard with it :P:rofl:

AkG November 7, 2008 07:29 PM

LOL EaGle1337....my first draft was over 18K :whistle:. I cut over 7K before I submitted so as to not drive SKY nuts editing it :)
I have a tendency to become extremely verbose when I really LIKE or DISLIKE a product :)~

-n7- November 8, 2008 02:14 PM

Great job on the review.

I have the CM690 which has a similar internal layout, so when the HAF 932 came out, i knew it would be a good case.

But the one big thing i don't like is the lack of HDD trays.

5 trays isn't even close to enough.

No one cases about 5.25" bays; i really wish case makers would figure this out.

Use some of those spots for more 3.5" bays & myself & countless others would be very happy.

EaGle1337 November 8, 2008 02:49 PM

-n7-
just get one of those converter things.

also I've been reading other haf reviews and some are stupid like that cooler master doesn't include the cable to jump the other psu. one of the ones said that the haf fell off a hummer and i agree.

sswilson November 8, 2008 03:30 PM

Great review!!!

I find it strange that they didn't include the same kind of fiber mesh lining in the drive bay covers as is on the cosmos series cases, but I suppose they had to cut corners somewhere.

Other than that... looks like a great case, and if I didn't already have my Cosmos S I'd be taking a serious look at this one.

EaGle1337 November 8, 2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 109842)
Great review!!!

I find it strange that they didn't include the same kind of fiber mesh lining in the drive bay covers as is on the cosmos series cases, but I suppose they had to cut corners somewhere.

Other than that... looks like a great case, and if I didn't already have my Cosmos S I'd be taking a serious look at this one.

They probably had to cut a lot to keep it in the price range it's in.
imagine the 230mm fans going at 1400 rpm?

muse108dc November 13, 2008 04:12 AM

while i am not really a fan of the looks, the HAF on the side of it is tacky and the overall look is not amazing. however if I were to buy a case anytime soon it would be this one. The space would just make such a difference, I dislike my current case because cable management is poor and there is NO space at all to work in