Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2008, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Anyone know any good case modding sites?

I've got a big project I'm working on right now with a new case for my soon i7 build; I'm having trouble finding good resources for a few things.

I already plan to order a sleeving kit from murdermod (just for the hell of it lol)

But things I really need are cdrom aluminum bezel kits and other various parts; a lot of the structural stuff I'll be doing myself but I still would like a few good websites to pull idea's from and buy various modding parts.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 6, 2008, 12:26 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sidewinder Computers - Supplier of High Quality PC Modding and Cooling parts
Old November 6, 2008, 12:53 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

MODTHEBOX.COM - The World's Premier Case Modding Source
Best site I've been to. It isn't update often but the existing articles can be very useful.
Old November 6, 2008, 12:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
FrozenCPU.com | 1.877.243.8266 | World's Largest Selection of PC Modification Supplies
Good experience buying from both of those.
Also http://www.heatsinkfactory.com is supposed to be good too.
All US thou.
Old November 6, 2008, 12:56 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

We had Bigfoot Computers here but it closed.
Old November 6, 2008, 02:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I miss Bigfoot. My very first mod was a homebrew fan controller. I think I still have it somewhere. I'm pretty sure they pieced it together from scrap laying around. lol
Old November 6, 2008, 02:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

True.. I bought some of my first water cooling stuff from Bigfoot, cheapest at that time.

Well.. I would second DK2 and SKY's suggestions. Performance PCS (these guys have a pretty big collection) and Sidewinder Computers. FrozenCPU has even more stuff than Performance, but the shipping blows, they kill you on shipping costs really.

Also check Xoxide, they have a bunch of stuff too, not too much, but you might find something.

I really hope Charles fills Murderbox with loads of usefull stuff, and mostly things that you buy from US based stores.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old November 6, 2008, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah i check murderbox daily, just waiting for more stuff to show up; I'd buy it all there right now if i could lol.

I also need to find someone to cut me a sheet of aluminium for the front panel of this project as well; I don't even know what to google for that!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

Shit of Aluminium. oops I mean something like pc case aluminium, or aluminium sheet.

It is going to be hard for sure, unless you can find a cheap aluminium case somewhere and start messing it up.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old November 6, 2008, 04:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hi encorp,
What kind of aluminum are you looking for, or do you have it already and just need it cut. I work at a metal shop and might be able to help. Tell me what size you need and what kind if you know i.e. grain, no grain and hardness 3003, 5005 Ö and how thick. if you donít need a lot I can swing it, if you need more I can setup a purchase through my company. The only problem is Iím in Ajax and it would have to be a pickup.

Last edited by TopDogZero; November 6, 2008 at 04:41 PM.