Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2008, 03:23 PM
Top Prospect

Default HAF 932, ideas and suggestions.

I just ordered a HAF 932 and a few other bits and bobs. I have a few ideas for it but I would also like some input.

I am currently thinking about mounting a swiftech 360 mm rad on top of the case (Exterior) and a 240mm rad on the top (Interior). Since I do not really want to have the rad just kind of sitting ontop I got thinking about stealthing it with some fiberglass, and just moulding it into the case to make it look all like 1 unit (With just fan grills showing on the top).

I was also thinking that something needs to be done about the Window and the larger mesh window. cutting out the mesh would not be that hard, so I was thinking about getting a piece of plexi custom cut then routered out (1 piece, 2 windows) that will sit flush with the outside of the case then get it tinted so it is solid black, but when the computer turns on, the interior is fully visible.

I have just recently moved to Calgary so I do not really know where anything is. I have found a nice little tinting shop on 17 Ave SE (Tint Masters). Anyone know of any good places that can do custom plexiglass? Also, any tips on doing fiberglass work? What would be the best place to buy smaller quantities of fiberglass for this project?

I am open to any and all suggestions, I have about a week to really figure out what I am doing with this case.
Old October 16, 2008, 04:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

Hi, like you i ordered a haf 932(i hope to have it next week) and what i looking for is a push pull configuration for the rad.. normaly is fan-rad-fan but if the space allow it i will try rad-fan-rad with 2 mcr320...

i also thinking for a full plexi side pannel but dont know at the moment.. i will wait for the case first loll
Old October 16, 2008, 04:43 PM
Top Prospect

From the revies I have seen it appears that the mesh side panel has a protruding lip, so it is not perfectly flat. This may cause more work to be done for a side panel that will work.