Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   MountainMod U2-UFO (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/1076-mountainmod-u2-ufo.html)

Patriote April 30, 2007 05:41 AM

MountainMod U2-UFO

Hey Guys!

Recently there was a MountainMod U2-UFO on sale on XS forum. After mucho thinking i decided i would buy it from the guy. Contacted him some times and finally when i was to send him the money, he disappeared from the forum for 2-3 days. When he finally cam back online, he came with a "Sorry... Local guy bought it..." And that did piss me off. I had everything planed for that case... In my mind i mean. Not in my hand. He was selling it for quite a good price!

I always wanted such case but never had the money and courage to order it from MountainMod directly because of the expensive price. Starting at 349.99$ USD for the case. No Fans, no fan-grills, no shipping and or taxes included etc... And the price i would have to pay when it's delivered to my house.... Import fees....That would have been insanely priced... For the price the guy was asking i would have bought it right away...

Now, i have enough money to get either a 8800GTX (so i could sell my X19s cards...) Or that U2-UFO directly from MountainMod.

Now, if i decide to get a U2-UFO case with all the fans, rad grills etc... thats gonna cost me just as much as a 8800GTX would cost. But if i get the 8800GTX and sell my X19s cards it's just like if i would have paid half of the 8800GTX. If i buy the 8800GTX i would get money back and maybe when R600s are released i could get one if the switch is worth.

Have a look at the case : MountainMods.com - Home of the U2-UFO & Twice7 aluminum cube computer case

So, what would you guys do ? Just looking for opinions. I am a person that is easily influenced so...

The case is my "Dream Case"... And building my watercooled rig into such case would be a hell of a project and fun! :biggrin: I actually could get a 8800GTX or R600 if i'd sell my X19s before. And that would mean running on a 7800GTX until the cards are sold and the new DX10 card is bought.

Anyway, what you guys think ?

b1lk1 April 30, 2007 06:20 AM

If I had X1950 Crossfire, I would not waste my time with a 8800GTX. They are overpriced. I would definitely get the case. I too have always had a thing for those UFO cases. Plus, I'd run those X1950's until atleast the next gen of both companies comes out unless you just gotta have the latest greatest. X1950 Crossfire will run everything on nice settings for some time.

Patriote April 30, 2007 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 7521)
If I had X1950 Crossfire, I would not waste my time with a 8800GTX. They are overpriced. I would definitely get the case. I too have always had a thing for those UFO cases. Plus, I'd run those X1950's until atleast the next gen of both companies comes out unless you just gotta have the latest greatest. X1950 Crossfire will run everything on nice settings for some time.

:biggrin: Thanks! But yeah what bugs me about my X19s set-up is all the crap with the drivers and actually the problem of dual graphic cards set-up... Thats why im looking for a single card set-up now. I will never get dual card set-up again. Such a pain to watercool, run... and sometime you don't even notice a difference... For example Crossfire Set-up is, IMO, useless for Doom3, Prey etc..

1 8800GTX = 2 X1950XTX In crossfire. So i thought it would be worth making the switch. Everybody seems to be trashing there dual cards set-up for a single 8800GTS\GTX.

Anyway, Thanks for your opinion! :thumb:

Patriote May 1, 2007 01:46 AM

I have decided to buy the Case!

Ill post some pics when it arrives!

Will also open a worklog when ill be re-doing my loop into it :biggrin:

Babrbarossa May 1, 2007 04:02 AM

Wow- I'm green with envy- those are the cat's arse

r00tman May 2, 2007 11:37 AM

That case reminds me of a kitchen stove. :haha:

Patriote May 2, 2007 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r00tman (Post 7786)
That case reminds me of a kitchen stove. :haha:

:rofl: Well, then, consider my PC as a Stove PC! Actually not yet as the case isn't in my possession ATM.. But soon it will!

r00tman May 2, 2007 11:50 AM

Well then good luck on the project. Post some pics when you get the chance!

Patriote May 2, 2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r00tman (Post 7788)
Well then good luck on the project. Post some pics when you get the chance!

Of course! Will even post a worklog :thumb:

Beermaster May 2, 2007 12:17 PM

See i would just build one out of lexan, i personally think that is too much money for that case, make sure you take some really good pis of and i will copy the design lol