Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sweet overclock reno.. More money more problems, huh very true, you're reminding me, don't do it :p..

And yeah you don't have to go get the top stuff to keep your rig going, lots of times we've seen stuff that costs lower performs on par if not better. Processors like E8400 are whooping lots of high end processers, quads etc with their overclocking ability, also the mid-end P45 boards like Asus P5Q Pro and P5Q-E, Gigabyte P45 ones, Biostar i45. Its just really good stuff.

Oh well sorry to go off topic. Nice rig besides..!!
Old September 15, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Nice machine. I think I have all the parts I need for a while (+more) except the gem 8600 that I am searching for.
Old September 15, 2008, 03:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoracer View Post
maybe you need to learn how to overclock or maybe do some research before you open your mouth and be bashing so with that said can you do better???
??? Not quite sure where THAT came from. It was a legitimate question, your 3DM6 screenshot had your proc at only 4GHz, those processors tend to overwhelm air heatsinks at those heat outputs, and your system pics gave no suggestion of any sub-ambient cooling methods. Given those circumstances, you can't blame a little skepticism and curiosity, right?

At any rate, I can't seem make out the specifics in the P95 screen-shot, and it doesn't seem to have any speed validation, but I appreciate the effort nonetheless.
Old September 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
Banned
F@H

MpG, Prime looks like bench test only, not real stability test.

I'm questioning the whole 4.8ghz too, as that would be like 565FSB, and for a quad, that would be a world record, and as such, we want more info.
Old September 15, 2008, 03:50 PM
Allstar

I totally agree on your statement about smashing a nahalem. I think Socket 771 is the way to go. Like maybe the Asus Skulltrail? Its socket 771. And has a ton of FB-DIMM sockets! ANd dual PCI-X also. I would love to get one, I jsut might and have my current system as a home server, and world community grid cruncher.
Old September 15, 2008, 04:53 PM

My System Specs

A 13S superpi @ 4.8GHz? Riiiight.
Old September 15, 2008, 07:40 PM
Top Prospect

Shit man, I may be a noob but even I'm a little skeptical at that proc speed. I have a q9550, and there's no way its getting OCed that high, especially in a small case like that with two heat producing video cards.

You are running way over the voltage range (1.3625V) also. Won't that kill your chip?
PSU: Corsair 750w
GPU: Diamond HD4870
RAM: 4gb Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400
HDD: 2 x 640gb WD Caviar
Audio: Auzentech Forte 7.1
OD: Pioneer DVR-216
Old September 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
Banned
F@H

Voltage doesn't kill, CURRENT does. And I'll mention at this point that MpG is one of the best overclockers here in Canada...
Old September 15, 2008, 08:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
Voltage doesn't kill, CURRENT does. And I'll mention at this point that MpG is one of the best overclockers here in Canada...
Oh Oh *gets a pen and notebook and waits for MpG to post tips* :p

Sorry to go Offtopic..
Old September 15, 2008, 09:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
You can't possibly be upset over that. That's an amazing overclock for a quad on air, to say nothing of that FSB. Any chance of seeing a couple hours of stress testing on that setup?
He's nowhere close to stable, so nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoracer View Post
here is some prime 95 numbers been running for 2 hours

and as for me hitting 4.8 not a problem getting to boot into windows will for a bit an the the BSOD hits fact of the matter is does not have to be stable at 4.8 just as long as i got it that high regardless on what you guys think i really dont care
just a simple fact of you saying that it would be almost impossible for me to get higher than 4.2 well there is 4.3ghz and its been like that for 1 week no issues

maybe you need to learn how to overclock or maybe do some research before you open your mouth and be bashing so with that said can you do better???
if not then go play in someone else topic :rtfm:

LOL....get the version of P95 that stresses all four cores, not just one.

25.6 btw

I called you out because i've been overclocking for years & i know BS when i see it.

So once you run v25.6 P95, how many seconds before it errors or BSODs?
Corsair HX1000 | Dell 3007WFP & Samsung 204T | 7 Ultimate x64