Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2008, 03:44 PM

My System Specs

Default Xbox 360 worklog

So I've decided I want to *try* to watercool my 360.

i assume you know what a 360 elite looks like, but here is a pic anyways.

case off

mainboard out

heatsinks off

test fit?

I have a few Koolance 90 degree elbows/barbs to see if that will work. However I might have to throw in a DTEK Fuzion for the CPU. I really don't want to do that as I think the mounting bracket might be more difficult to do.
Old August 31, 2008, 03:47 PM

My System Specs

Hmm, come to think of it, I think I can just mod the stock DTEK Fuzion mounting plate

Forgot to mention that the case I'll be using is the Lian Li PC-XB01
NCIX.com - Buy LIAN-LI PC-XB01 Black Aluminum XBox 360 Modding Case 1X5.25 No PS - PC-XB-01B In Canada.
Ordered today, so hopefully will be here mid next week.
Old August 31, 2008, 04:16 PM
MVP
F@H

Hehe man you can probably elimate the chance of ever getting a RROD by cleaning the thermal paste and putting much less MX-2 lol.....
Old August 31, 2008, 04:30 PM

My System Specs

I want a quiet system that is all. So I have a problem here. I don't know how I can power my pump. According to Swiftech, the pump draws up to 1A at startup. I have an AC 1amp 12V adapter, but I don't know how I am going to setup a relay for it.....
Old August 31, 2008, 04:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaiboi View Post
Hehe man you can probably elimate the chance of ever getting a RROD by cleaning the thermal paste and putting much less MX-2 lol.....
RRoD isn't from the chip overheating its the chip separating from the mainboard.
Old August 31, 2008, 05:17 PM

My System Specs

figured out my power issues thanks to this amazing thread
Power Sources - Scenyx Entertainment Community
Old August 31, 2008, 05:27 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
RRoD isn't from the chip overheating its the chip separating from the mainboard.

Really? didn't know that lol

And since your going to be using a different case if you don't want to solder you can always get a Pico PSU or something of the like and just hide it in the case
Old August 31, 2008, 05:33 PM

My System Specs

However even with a Pico PSU I'll need somesort of relay since I don't want the pump to run 24/7.
Old August 31, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They really made those xbox's outa junk parts eh? haha

Nice worklog, I remember that blue on the guy did, but kept it in the xbox case - any particular reason you can't use similar WC parts? Or you just want a total different look?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old August 31, 2008, 06:09 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
However even with a Pico PSU I'll need somesort of relay since I don't want the pump to run 24/7.

NCIX.com - Buy PICOPSU-90 with Power Kit Includes Pico PSU 90W DC-DC ATX PSU & AC-DC Switching Power Adapter - PicoPSU-90-Power-Kit In Canada.

with something like this you can just short the wires for the 24 pin one I believe it's green and black but don't quote me on that and then you can just unplug it when not using it? lol or you can probably hook up a switch to those to pins and use that to cycle the pump(just don't forget to turn it on lol