Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2008, 08:51 AM
Top Prospect

Default JD's new rig

I finally got around to posting pictures of my new system. Sorry for the brightness, my room is very bright as the sunlight is reflected easily off the hardwood floors.

My specs are in my sig. I just got around today to installing the BIOS speaker and inverting the HD LED which wasn't working before, but now is working flawlessly.

I've been playing crysis @ 1680X1050, with 2x anti-aliasing and high details, and it runs around 30fps avg, which is decent from what I read. I'll probably end up OC'ing my CPU sooner than later after purchasing an OCV Vendetta 2.

Feel free to comment (I know cable management isn't very good, but with this power supply its hard to).
Attached Images

PSU: Corsair 750w
GPU: Diamond HD4870
RAM: 4gb Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400
HDD: 2 x 640gb WD Caviar
Audio: Auzentech Forte 7.1
OD: Pioneer DVR-216
Old August 31, 2008, 08:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

uh seriously I'll give some appraise when I see a cleaner inside of a case.
Old August 31, 2008, 09:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Nice looking case... is there any way to route the cables behind the motherboard? If not, the way I have seen it has been to try and keep the cables tight to the back wall using cable ties and anchors. Run the cables in a bunch so they don't spread all over the case and then break them out as close to the area needed.
Even with the cables all over the place, with the side on no one sees them anyway But you will know they are there, just calling to you after you have read more threads on cable management
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old August 31, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Nice looking case... is there any way to route the cables behind the motherboard? If not, the way I have seen it has been to try and keep the cables tight to the back wall using cable ties and anchors. Run the cables in a bunch so they don't spread all over the case and then break them out as close to the area needed.
Even with the cables all over the place, with the side on no one sees them anyway But you will know they are there, just calling to you after you have read more threads on cable management
Cables like that prohibit GOOD airflow and is not a good thing for ANY case.

He'll want to clean up that mess sooner than later and there is LOTS of room in that case for good management.
Old August 31, 2008, 10:00 AM
Top Prospect

I can't route it behind the mobo, there are no holes.

Any suggestions on improving it then? All my temps are good so I'm guessing airflow is OK.
Old August 31, 2008, 10:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

I can see 2-3" of space behind the rack for your hdds.
Old August 31, 2008, 10:10 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Cables like that prohibit GOOD airflow and is not a good thing for ANY case.

He'll want to clean up that mess sooner than later and there is LOTS of room in that case for good management.
That is true, but it is better to encourage him then crap all over his attempt. Maybe it is his first build, or his twentieth... who knows. Not everyone wants to spend 4 hours agonizing over the placement of cables, they want to play!

JD, here is a review of the case:

Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Review - Overclockers Club

Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Case Review

techPowerUp :: Cooler Master Cosmos RC-1000 Review :: Page 1 / 6

The reviews generally help with ideas on cable management. You'll like to see the opinion of the reviewer on ease of installation and whatnot as well.

Good luck, and after you move things around, post a few more pics... and look at your old pic, you will be amazed at the differences.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old August 31, 2008, 10:56 AM
Top Prospect

Thanks Dwayne, it is my first build so I'm still new at this. I was surprised I got everything up and running without any setbacks.

Thanks for the links, I'll definitely have a look.
Old August 31, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
That is true, but it is better to encourage him then crap all over his attempt. Maybe it is his first build, or his twentieth... who knows. Not everyone wants to spend 4 hours agonizing over the placement of cables, they want to play!

JD, here is a review of the case:

Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Review - Overclockers Club

Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Case Review

techPowerUp :: Cooler Master Cosmos RC-1000 Review :: Page 1 / 6

The reviews generally help with ideas on cable management. You'll like to see the opinion of the reviewer on ease of installation and whatnot as well.

Good luck, and after you move things around, post a few more pics... and look at your old pic, you will be amazed at the differences.
I'm not saying this wasn't a good attempt :P Building a computer is easy if you follow instructions and pay attention which he did :)

I'm just saying I hope they take a few extra minutes to clean up that clutter so his computer can breathe properly and proper cable management doesn't take 4 hours.. I did mine is less than 20.
Old August 31, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Its ok, just take your time in doing cable management, you know sometimes it could take all day to do it. You know all you have to do, is route the cables in a good manner from the edges, zip ties are your best friend and also if you have velcro ties that you can use on cables. All you have to do is visualize and imagine a cleaner way to run all your wires.

Oh and nice build there.. :)