Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2008, 06:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

No doubts I think the whole think is cool to see and learn about, But I agree that it's not appropriate for this forum.
Old August 6, 2008, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Good pics man.Well taken ...... I dun run that hardware so any other comments are moot.

Old August 6, 2008, 08:05 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibs View Post
Haha I was also hoping for an epic post on how to kill a ps2, similar to BrainEater's 680i destruction thread.
i think i may make a thread about that hmm should i blow it up with fireworks or something cooler?
Old August 7, 2008, 04:24 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Wink

andynerd -
Quote:
i just wanted to be able to kill my ps2 in a dramatic way to end the rain of sony in my house (360 ftw) but my hopes have been dissapointed
Well, I did not like to disapoint you, so, here you go - killing PS2 in dramatic way: YouTube - How to destroy a PS2 in 13 steps

Quote:
Your post is fine just edit out that line and it's ok... ...you are not allowed to mention illegal activity such as "just download games"
Okay, point taken. I was just being honest about the download, well... it is not my PS2 anyway, it was just a work and I need to test, if the just downloaded games work, so, what can I do?

Quote:
better yet say homebrew games to make it legit
Old August 7, 2008, 08:23 AM
MVP

thank you very much!!!!
Old August 8, 2008, 05:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

You are welcome.

But I'm also going to clarify something:
1) I was not promoting illegal downloads
2) I was not even owning an PS2, it was a job
3) I insist on the section of law that says you CAN make own personal copy of the copyprotected work

There are many reasons to. One of the game I got for testing the PS2 with it was Grand tourisimo 4, or how the name exactly it... Nevermind. The DVDs are already so scratched, that the loading become sometimes slow and the booting of the game unreliable.
I insist on being able to make a copy and use the copy, before damaging original.
If Sony, law or God is trying to prevent me from doing it, I reasonably believe that I have every right to make it work. If there is obstacles that did not allow me to making a usefull copy, I feel entitled to remove them - I have the right of law on my side, not to mention moral right to do so.

Extreme interpretation of this view might be, that everything that is protected in such order to prevent legal buyer to make copy for himself from it, is not anymore under the protection of law, because it break this part of law.

I know it might sound rather extreme, but I do believe that this is the correct implementation. Actions that obviously break the law can't demand any law protection. That would be chucpe.