Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31, 2008, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The cabling looks great lowfat. But man I feel for ya, those are some tough choices.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old July 31, 2008, 09:14 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
@Phobia, for under the desk stuff I suggest that split side black corrugated tubing you can get at Canadian tire. I use it sometimes as DIY cable tray. You can get it in multiple sizes and it is easy to tack down and still gives you some flexibility for changes without ripping the whole thing out and redoing it.

This is looking really good. That sleeving job is really amazing. Is the sleeving split down the side?

What about putting the top rad on the outside of the case?
No split sleeving here. I go all the way or not at all

Same goes with the rad. I don't 'do' external watercooling. It goes completely inside or not at all. I think I have found a solution though. I'll be posting pics later on.
Old July 31, 2008, 09:42 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Great to hear!

Basically, how do you do this? I have read some HOWTOs on sleeving and they have always been really lacking. They usually go like this: buy kit, apply, rock on. The only other sleeving I have exposure to was industrial knitting machines that make wire harnesses for Sea Kings and Auroras. They were really great machines but I have no access to them any more. Do you just bunch up the sleeving like a Chinese finger puzzle until you can work the connector through it; then stretch it tight to the cable and add heat shrink tubing?
Old July 31, 2008, 09:55 AM

My System Specs

you need to take the connectors off, which is a major pain in the ass. I would suggest buying a powersupply sleeving tool set. At least buy the 24pin remover and the molex remover. As NCIX and DC sell them. Although I can definitely say the SunbeamTech ones I bought from Performance-PCs are better quality. I ended up breaking one of the NCIX ones in no time.
Old July 31, 2008, 10:09 AM

My System Specs

This is the way I've decided to set it up. The Micro-res will hang above the MCR220.

I think I might even like it better with all the watercooling gear down below and the HDD bay up top.

Now to do some cutting.
Old July 31, 2008, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I like your Rad Placement! Looks like it should work very well! Just be sure to have decent case intake/exhaust otherwise you'll have a lot of warm air in there!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old July 31, 2008, 12:02 PM

My System Specs

a case without wheels is no case at all :)

They are the Lian Li casters from Performance-PCs.
Old July 31, 2008, 12:13 PM
Allstar

nice rad placement lowfat

to bad you had already cut the top ... but you could always place fan there to evacuated the hot air

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old July 31, 2008, 12:44 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

mmmmmmm.... Nexus fans. After my own heart eh? lol.
Why not run 3x120 Rad for CPU/NB, one 2x120 rad for one video card and the other for .... the other. hehehe

"Excessive is my middle name" lol
Old July 31, 2008, 01:06 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebdoradz View Post
nice rad placement lowfat

to bad you had already cut the top ... but you could always place fan there to evacuated the hot air
Actually I had to cut the top anyways. The top of the Black Pearl has fan holes already, but similar to the ones of the front of a Lian Li PC-V2000. And during powder coating they would turn out very badly. The RadGrillz up top looks very good IMO anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
mmmmmmm.... Nexus fans. After my own heart eh? lol.
Why not run 3x120 Rad for CPU/NB, one 2x120 rad for one video card and the other for .... the other. hehehe

"Excessive is my middle name" lol
Others? SB, RAM, and Mosfets will be fine on air I am sure.

Ya I love the Nexus fan's. Unfortunately I only have 5 And I need 8 fans for this build. I have a hard time spending another $60 nexus fans, so I just order 3 Scythe Kaze 120x38 1000rpm fans. Hopefully they'll do well.

Well it was my goal to have this case done and built my monday-tuesday at the latest. But unfortunately this will not be the case. Since I had to move everything to the bottom, My pumps are too low and the drain valves are going to be higher than the pump outlets, I had to order some new fittings from Performance-PC's to compensate.