Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2009, 11:16 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by odis172 View Post
Oh right, any pics of it around here?
Post your Home Theatre
2nd shelf from the top.

It is a Sans Digital TR8M-B 8 drive eSATA enclosure.
Old December 27, 2009, 12:49 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtispan View Post
Jeez that's a lot. I'm guessing you grabbed most of 'em when bluray became the standard?
I was a fan of HD-DVD before they dropped out of the race (as it was the superior choice ). But yes I did buy a ton of them after they started getting dirt cheap. I also *had* about the same number of blurays until they got stolen

But once the disc is ripped they are identical anyways. So whatever is cheaper is good for me.
Old December 27, 2009, 01:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I also *had* about the same number of blurays until they got stolen
Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking, if someone broke into your place they would have a hayday in your living room, along with all of your data
Dont think id feel comfortable having all that hardware on display, storage would be hiding between some floor boards or in a safe :P Thx for postin the pic lowfat.
Old December 27, 2009, 01:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

Glad to see someone using the M-Audio Q40's! Honestly speaking, they have amazing sound quality for the price! How are you liking them lowfat?

Old December 27, 2009, 01:39 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by odis172 View Post
Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking, if someone broke into your place they would have a hayday in your living room, along with all of your data
Dont think id feel comfortable having all that hardware on display, storage would be hiding between some floor boards or in a safe :P Thx for postin the pic lowfat.
The thieves were stupid and only stole my TV and movies. The movies were actually hidden in the closet too. Left the HTPC, home theater, and all my storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Glad to see someone using the M-Audio Q40's! Honestly speaking, they have amazing sound quality for the price! How are you liking them lowfat?
I enjoy them. That is once you get use to the tension. I've had them for about a year and a half now. The ear cushions are worn out and I can't find replacements for them. I also find the imaging a little on the weak side. I have a lot of problems w/ directionality in games. And after an hour or two my ears start to get soar. But musically they are pretty damn awesome for the price.
Old December 27, 2009, 01:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

Aye, I know what you mean, they have quite a bit of a clamp to them, though I have somewhat gotten use to it by now. Apparently you can stretch each side a bit at a time and eventually it won't be so tight. Also, not sure if they are available in Canada, but I've heard DT770 Velour Earpads are an amazing mix with the Q40's, not to mention more comfortable to boot.

And where did you get your table from? I've been looking for something simple and clean.

Old December 27, 2009, 02:03 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Aye, I know what you mean, they have quite a bit of a clamp to them, though I have somewhat gotten use to it by now. Apparently you can stretch each side a bit at a time and eventually it won't be so tight. Also, not sure if they are available in Canada, but I've heard DT770 Velour Earpads are an amazing mix with the Q40's, not to mention more comfortable to boot.

And where did you get your table from? I've been looking for something simple and clean.
I casn't find the DT770 eadpads in Canada anywhere.

My desk is from Ikea.
Old December 27, 2009, 06:51 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My new setup after cleaning up.

Xfx R9 290 Flashed to 290X (x2) Eyefinity| Dell 2709W (x3)
OCZ Vertex 3/Corsair Force GT Raid 0 480Gb - Windows 7 x64 SP1
Corsair GT 120Gb SSD Cache for Seagate 2Tb - File backup
Corsair Obsidian 800D | Seasonic X-1250
HeatKiller 3.0 | EK R9 290x WB (x2) | TFC Exchanger Quad Rad | (x4) Scythe Gentle Typhoon |Swiftech MCP655 | EK drive bay Res.
Old December 27, 2009, 08:34 PM

My System Specs

Nice system you gots there. Any reason why you don't have the center display as your primary?
Old December 27, 2009, 11:01 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Nice system you gots there. Any reason why you don't have the center display as your primary?
My center is primary when looking at the internet or working on files, the sides are for msn chat, video or music player. I prefer shortcuts on the left most monitor so I can click them without minimizing the center monitor.
Xfx R9 290 Flashed to 290X (x2) Eyefinity| Dell 2709W (x3)
OCZ Vertex 3/Corsair Force GT Raid 0 480Gb - Windows 7 x64 SP1
Corsair GT 120Gb SSD Cache for Seagate 2Tb - File backup
Corsair Obsidian 800D | Seasonic X-1250
HeatKiller 3.0 | EK R9 290x WB (x2) | TFC Exchanger Quad Rad | (x4) Scythe Gentle Typhoon |Swiftech MCP655 | EK drive bay Res.