Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 20, 2009, 12:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Toyoracer, nice build! How did you do the table tops with the formica? Also what wood/stain is that for the trim? #2, how f'n big of a round over bit did that take!!??
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old October 20, 2009, 12:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Unfortunatly I keep forgetting shelving brackets to put my polk center channel up above the monitor. Nothing beats the whole neighborhood hearing a war go on.
Old October 20, 2009, 08:18 PM
MVP

Biff. Thanks, first off it's lino slate look. it is .100" so trim is made that much higher. Trim is laminated vertical grain larch with Varathane cabernet stain. I tried normal application was not satisfied so next day painted stain on and left to dry 2 days. That got it, then Helmsman spar varathane. Round over bit is 1" set up .5" depth .75" width. Panels are laminated white pine various width. The keyboard drawer is my favorite, took awhile to figure the design but it turned out as envisioned.
Old October 20, 2009, 08:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

*Note :my case changed a bit since this pic was taken, but my desk pretty much looks the same.
Attached Images

Old October 21, 2009, 01:50 PM
Rookie

Here's some pictures of my computer room. First one is my computer, second is the kid's computer (no LCD for them as they like to jab their little fingers into the screen!) and then the wife's computer. The desk I have comes in handy as I can hide all the networking crap on the side and have been successful in hiding it from said kids! - Nothing special here though...
Attached Images

Old October 21, 2009, 02:06 PM
Allstar

Ignore that rat's nest under the desk. Cable management is on the to do list. Along with putting that lamp on a riser of some sort.
Old October 21, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wow, the surround sound must be awesome on that speaker setup :P

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old October 21, 2009, 02:16 PM
Allstar

Yea, sadly I can't get surround unless i hang them from the roof or some other hair brained scheme. I kinda regret the purchase but they've stuck around for a few years now so I've gotten my money's worth. I'd sell them but it would seem they're not very popular, so I'll just use them until they die.

I can get some surround out of it, you just have to try and differentiate how 'left' or 'right' the sound is to tell if the sound is beside or behind you. Usually me flailing around spraying bullets, my standard FPS tactic, tells me their location sooner. One things for sure, I'm no ninja.
Old October 23, 2009, 03:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The current desk/area until i upgrade this winter. I will be buying a new monitor and maybe a second desk.

The Desk

The "random stuff" closet....

The Bawls bottle

Old October 23, 2009, 03:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fiendo View Post
Yea, sadly I can't get surround unless i hang them from the roof or some other hair brained scheme. I kinda regret the purchase but they've stuck around for a few years now so I've gotten my money's worth. I'd sell them but it would seem they're not very popular, so I'll just use them until they die.

I can get some surround out of it, you just have to try and differentiate how 'left' or 'right' the sound is to tell if the sound is beside or behind you. Usually me flailing around spraying bullets, my standard FPS tactic, tells me their location sooner. One things for sure, I'm no ninja.
you could rearrange your desk when you are fixing the rats nest, move the monitors into the corner and have them at about a 15-25 degree angle, then space the speakers out along the desk. it still wont be as good as if you did it properly but that seems to net really be an option so this will do better though.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.