Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2009, 12:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Man arinoth...be careful bringing all that nice hardware to uni. Would be a sad day if it gets nicked. Oh and are you bringing your speaker setup to uni? Would be a bit....no, excessive is not the right word.....INSANE with those mosters goin at it in a uni dorm XD
I plan on being careful bringing my hardware to uni. I still have the box the TV came in, the tower case came in, and have a bunch of boxes still from my move back home (where they were all in a moving truck suppose to being safer in a car). That is kind of the point as well, i don't plan on having them overly cranked, but, in a uni dorm when its friday or saturday night and people are staying in and partying, i plan on cranking them out with whatever tunes people want to hear with the custom strobe led project on as well.

I just had my current set up because of how flimsy the desk is in the picture and half the time my tv and speaker move/vibrate slightly whenever i type fast. I do think i should get a new keyboard/mouse even though this is only a year and a half old. I feel i should go back to wired, get gaming stuff and either sell the set i have right now (Logitech MX-5000 Laser) and get an IR remote for when i watch movies, or keep them and use them as the wireless remote (for pause/play) when i watch movies
Old July 7, 2009, 03:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, if your in a suite style res, those speakers would definitely be the way to go. My double room is not exactly big enough :P. Man, every time somebody mentions remote+mouse, it reminds me of a mx 610, best remote replacement in mouse form. So many keys it was disgusting but worked well enough with uberoptions to use media center with just the buttons alone. (I'm still trying to pry it from my sister , only uses it as a normal mouse and none of the media keys while I'm stuck with a generic MS mouse >_>)

and sorry about offtopic :P, i'll post a pic of my desktop when its not a mess hehe

Old July 7, 2009, 03:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I am suppose to be getting my own room but the residence department is taking forever with assigning rooms.

Oh i can't wait to take a picture of how ridiculous my desk is going to look at residence this fall, its going to be amusing
Old July 7, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hahah..i went for a 'camp' per se where you lived on campus for 4 weeks and basically went to lectures and did projects with other ppl. My room looked like a bomb exploded in my suitcase and dumped things everywhere. Living without parentals around is a big change although I think I learnt my lesson though, hopefully.

Old July 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I'm new, figured I'd throw up an evolution of my desk, before my move and after, I've had a ton of hardware go on, off and around my desk lol...

In the beginning there was desk...

Desk was good. But needed a tablet.

2 x Mac Pro (One for Tablet, One for Other)

After the move, His

After the move, Hers

The Final Result
Old July 11, 2009, 12:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

Wow...awesome setup Devious. Quite the man-cave...even though you share it with a woman.
Old July 11, 2009, 07:01 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

How do you like the Lili, Devious?
Old July 11, 2009, 08:35 AM
Top Prospect

Ah, well i see people here can appreciate fine audio. And fine desks :D

Here's mine:

Zie Rooom

Und zie desk

Und zie pride above the desk

Und zie audio beside the desk (Nad 1600 tuner/pre, denon poa-2400 class a power, yamaha cdp625 cd, nikko alpha studio power, thiel cs 3.5 equalizer)

Und zie pride n joys (Thiel cs 3.5 with dynaudio d-28's and custom scanspeak kevlar mids)

Und last but not least, 10" of DYI power down to 21hz for Midnight Movies :D (a 12w6 in a custom box, with an atx psu, 30000uF of caps and sony 300w amp, even though the thiels can pop my windows ;D)

It is my room, my bed, my desk and my mancave. Not shown is my evil scientist lab. Also not shown is my non-existent computer (check FS / WTB thread...) How bout you folks ?

** Special props to empty for having more photo skills than me and a nicer looking desk!
Old July 11, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i like how powered the amp for the sub, real redneck. im going to have to try that.
Old July 11, 2009, 08:24 PM
Top Prospect

Its fun stuff and works 'dam good'. It pumps right into my futon couch... with a 28" screen 4 feet away, and $3500 speakers on the sides :D And no, i can't and couldn't afford 3500 at any point. Heck, i wasn't alive when they were built.

The whole sub build (driver + box material + amp + caps) ran me $178.44 canadian. Nothing but the wood was bought new of course :D Try it, funtimes building the thing, priceless pleasure knowing that it kicks $600 HT subs out of the room. I will advise anyone to build boxes to professionally made configurations, tuning a box yourself is effing tedious.