Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Yes. Backordered at my store with a 6 week wait.
That's insanely expensive... I couldn't justify spending that much...

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old November 10, 2008, 07:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn son, what makes that chair worth that kind of dinaro? it doesnt even look comfortable to slouch in.... I'm in the market for a new chair too... the selection at staples just doesnt sooth my derrier. any suggestions?

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0
Old November 10, 2008, 08:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hey Sky, what desk set up is that? I looove clean desks and the one I have now just took a swan dive off a cliff due to my being drunk and trying to stand on it to show how strong it (I thought...) it was!

Edit: Btw is that a Func industries mousepad?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

All right, here is the stuff you see:

From Ikea:
Vika Amon Tabletops + Legs.
Lack Shelves
Sterilite bins

As for the chair; I have a bad back and this is the one chair that is comfortable for long periods of time. Trust me guys, when you get back spasms from sitting on a cheap chair for too long, you will pay ANYTHING - and I mean anything - to avoid the pain.
Old November 10, 2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post

Edit: Btw is that a Func industries mousepad?
Yessir. Actually, there are two.
Old November 10, 2008, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yessir. Actually, there are two.
Haha yeah I figured; good friend of mine owns the company - I'd spot those suckers from a mile away!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 11, 2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Haha yeah I figured; good friend of mine owns the company - I'd spot those suckers from a mile away!
They are great for the price and I HATE big mousepads so they fit the bill nicely.
Old November 11, 2008, 06:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love your desk, so much space

For the chair, I had one last summer during my internship at E&Y....It's simply an amazing chair!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware

Last edited by Inik; November 11, 2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old November 11, 2008, 06:17 AM

The main problem I have found with the desk so far is that there isn't much depth so I am forced to spread stuff out laterally. Ikea really pisses me off sometimes since the Vkia Amon tabletop I got is available in long and narrow or short and deep; there is no such thing and long and deep unless you want to get a standard pressboard top. Ugh...
Old November 11, 2008, 07:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The main problem I have found with the desk so far is that there isn't much depth so I am forced to spread stuff out laterally. Ikea really pisses me off sometimes since the Vkia Amon tabletop I got is available in long and narrow or short and deep; there is no such thing and long and deep unless you want to get a standard pressboard top. Ugh...

That is exactly why I've been so annoyed lately, I've been trying to find a good set up that I can somewhat choose my layout but nothing at Ikea was working, the desk I have now is long and wide but it's pressboard, and I fell through part of it like i said LOL