Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2013, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidphyx View Post
I'm 26, born 1987 June 17th in Victoria B.C. (All is layed out in my profile)
That post was honestly not meant as a troll post just the honest truth. I know those figures as I take my cans in for recycling. Yes I'm awawe that I should be dead or dying from it. But so far so good. My Auto-Immune System is also very strong.

But in the interest of keeping this thread on topic, I'll refrain from to much about my personal life. :-)

If there are any questions about my setup I'd be happy to answer them here, if you want to know more about me PM me. Thanks
This is going to derail this thread but... When you post your life like that to an open forum you are opening yourself for people to criticize you. That room is an absolutely pigsty and if you have a woman in your life I feel very sorry for her to live with someone like you.

Have some respsect for yourself and clean that up. In 4 years your body will not survive on that and you will see very fast why living and eating properly is very critical.
Old August 21, 2013, 11:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm curious to see how you deal with any condensation as well the cool air from the air conditioner could/would introduce it to your system.
Old August 21, 2013, 12:31 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
This is going to derail this thread but... When you post your life like that to an open forum you are opening yourself for people to criticize you. That room is an absolutely pigsty and if you have a woman in your life I feel very sorry for her to live with someone like you.

Have some respsect for yourself and clean that up. In 4 years your body will not survive on that and you will see very fast why living and eating properly is very critical.
I just want to respond and say I wasn't trying to end the discussion of my life because I was bothered or offended by anything said. I only was attempting to avoid derailing the thread myself. Everyone is always welcome to voice their opinions to me. I don't easily get offended. :-D I respect your opinions, I just don't share in them. But thats was makes the world go-round. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm curious to see how you deal with any condensation as well the cool air from the air conditioner could/would introduce it to your system.
Yay, on topic curious question. :-D
I have not had any condensation issues at all. I first had the idea for seriously cooled air intake when I lived in Saskatchewan in the Winter (-35'C) I ran a dryer duct tube from the intake on my case where the Corsair H70 Radiator is located, right out the front door onto the porch.

The CPU is an Phenom IIx6 1090T OC'd from 3.2Ghz to 4.0Ghz (Stock Vcore= 1.3250 - OC'd Vcore 1.5875) The core temp dropped so low that no program was able to get a reading, just N/A or ?

I figured this would be safe enough as my understanding of condensation says that condensation occurs when warm humid air comes into contact with a cold surface. So logically filling the case with cold air should only have the potential of condensation on the outside of the case.

On top of that, be it in Sask, or with and A/C unit the intake air to the PC should be of relatively low humidity as Sask during the winter is a very dry place (humidity wise) and the A/C unit reduces humidity during the process of cooling the air.

I have also in my A/C configuration I have an shrouded output area that draws air via 2 CoolerMaster 120mm Fans mounted infront of eachother to pull hot air from the Read I/O Panel and direct it away.

As seen in the picture here:
Old August 21, 2013, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I was also wondering that. I'm guessing the cardboard box on top may have a vapor barrier inside and acts as a condensation chamber of some sort? This would still require a remarkably low moisture environment within the case itself.

I also noticed the random dryer hose that seems to lead off behind the dresser... trying to figure out what that's for?
Old August 21, 2013, 03:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1.58v? T-minus 3 months until you kill or degrade it.
Old August 21, 2013, 05:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
1.58v? T-minus 3 months until you kill or degrade it.
Correction... As I am a man of accuracy, I decided to doublecheck my vCore before responding. It is 1.5500v (See Photo) I appologize for my mistake. It is overclocked via BIOS only and I had reboot to check. It has been overclocked and running stable this way for 2yrs. Which is why I wasn't exactly sure of the vCore.

Voltage Image

Clock Speed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
I was also wondering that. I'm guessing the cardboard box on top may have a vapor barrier inside and acts as a condensation chamber of some sort? This would still require a remarkably low moisture environment within the case itself.

I also noticed the random dryer hose that seems to lead off behind the dresser... trying to figure out what that's for?
There is nothing special about the cardboard box. The case used is an AZZA Hurrican 2000 (<-- Manufac. Website w/ Specs).

Inside the top are 2x 230mm Case Fans. Normally they exhause upwards but I replaced one of the originals with a Bitfenix High Airflow fan, and made them both blow downwards into the case. The box is constructed with cut apart shipping box. If I remember It was the shipping box my most recent 7950 arrived in from NCIX. lol :-D

It was only a means to shroud the intake area with what I had available. In other words It's just as cardboardy on the inside as it is out the outside. lol.

As for the "random dryer hose" that takes the hot air from the shroud show in my last post and just outputs it 2 inches behind the dresser.

The shroud in that photo in constructed of 4 pieces of the same box, sized and affixed to the PCI Card Slot Area, so as to shroud the area completely providing a way of moving the hot air blown out from the graphics cards. (All slots are full of cards) I knew their wouldn't be enough air pressure to carry that ejected air all the way down the tube once attached. So I screwed two CoolerMaster 120mm Fans together and secured them inside the cardboard box, and the attached the dryer ducting. It is that air the dryer hose you mentioned removes.

If you look closely you in the photo in my last post you can see a wire leading from the box to the computer itself. That is the power for the 2 Fans.

I am honestly curious about where there would even be a risk of condensation? Regards of humidity level, the temp distribution should only allow of possible outside condensation, right? I am totally open to being proven wrong. Just hopefully via the forum and not because my machine suddenly shorts out lmao :-D
Old August 23, 2013, 01:37 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
So here goes. Thought i would post these photos of my current configuration. Any Questions will be happily answered.

Old September 25, 2013, 06:06 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Old October 1, 2013, 06:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranviper View Post
what Keyboard are you using?
Old October 1, 2013, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Sure looks that way eh? I tend to consume alot of Coca-Cola. Approx 250 cans per month purchased by the case of 24 cans, not including any random bottle, can, or 7-11 Fountain Cokes. Consumed only by myself. I'm on the Twelve Step program... I'm never more than 12 Steps from Coca-Cola. lol

Oooof. I hate to sound like an "adult" but you're killing yourself drinking so much of that crap dude. If you don't already have an ulcer you will soon!! It is possible to clean household sewer systems with coca cola...
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.