Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 31, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Very nice Inik. Now i want a HAF...my 690 does the job nicely.... but it's human-nature to always want better(greedy ).

PS: Don't forget to update your sig.

Last edited by 1Tanker; December 31, 2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old December 31, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Just a few shots before I bring out the actual "glamor shots"
still working on a few, but I'd say that shes done atm...

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old December 31, 2008, 01:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
My new case arrived yesterday! I filled it this morning! I will probably do more cable management, but this what it looks like for now. The HAf is so much bigger than my CM690! I love it!
Yea i know, i was so surprised when i took mine out of the box. It is such a beast, also i love your poo fans . I think i might pick up a few if the local canadacomputer has some in stock.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old January 3, 2009, 06:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Can someone tell me more about these little LCD displays? Do I have to custom make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Crappy images I know, the LCD does 1024x768 and the hardcano unit isn't powered right now since it handles my water cooling loop which is not installed at the moment.
Think I might drop the stock case power/reset and install my own on the top case panel but still not sure.
Old January 17, 2009, 11:42 AM

My System Specs

currently the top 4870 is damn near burning up. Have to run the fan @ 70% which is insanely loud to me. I have a BS-06 (Newegg.ca - Lian li BS-06 140mm PCI Slot Case Cooler - Case Fans) coming so hopefully that will help significantly.

EDIT: And yes those are elastic bands holding the fans on the true. I didn't want to bring out the dremel to cut the closed corners on the fans
Old January 17, 2009, 12:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Cool

LCD Update

Okay I had a ton of PM's about my 5" LCD but rather than send out a whack more PM's heres a little update:

The LCD can be found @ PerPC for $199 us
Color 5" LCD Video Module (RCA Composite Video) - with Flat Black Bay Mount Products Model: TFT5-LCD-BAYMOUNT-BK [TFT5-LCD-BAYMOUNT-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Now here is the huge caveat and the reason why I was so late getting back to everyone.
The LCD will work with a Svideo to composite adapter BUT, and it's a big butt (I like Big Butts and I can not lie, I had to say it), by using the adapter the LCD will randomly lose detection. Forcing detection does nothing the only way to get the display back after the signal is lost is to enable/disabling the monitor in display properties.
This can sometimes take 1 try (not often but it did happen once or twice) to 3 hours of constant trying. Add to the fact that if you reboot you are going to have to enable it or after the LCD power savings setting power down and well, let's just say the rums were flowing at Grovers house.

I tried using the S-video from my 8800GT, 8200, and a ATI 9250 ( my backup pci card Radeon 7000 doesn't have TV out) all exhibited the same behavior.
So off to Google. After multiple software workarounds that never worked I tried a PIN Mod, Jump the 1 and 3 pins on your Svideo. I had better success but still would do the same thing. So then I tried adding 2 75Ohm in-line resistors to force detection, nope.
By now I was getting a little pissed off, screw it I'll just bag a PIC card that has a dedicated composite out.
LOL that my Friends was harder than it seams, it had to be Nvidia because of conflicts so finally I found a Jaton 6200 pci, Newegg.ca - JATON Video-338PCI-128TV GeForce 6200 128MB 64-bit DDR PCI Low Profile Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards , thats the only one I could find in Canada so after waiting for UPS (11 days from the egg) it arrived.
Installed the card , installed drivers, rebooted and....... Bingo bango works fine everytime.
So the moral of this is: Yeah it looks freaking wicked but unless you have the composite out your screwed.
This would work awesome for monitoring a server IMO.

I will have a worklog up when my loop goes back in, yay I have just enough tubing kicking around, but wont have the chance to hook up the Power switch for the LCD ( it is always on since it powers from a molex) until after my Bday.
More Images then.

Any other Questions fire away.

Last edited by Supergrover; January 17, 2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old January 17, 2009, 12:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

currently the top 4870 is damn near burning up. Have to run the fan @ 70% which is insanely loud to me. I have a BS-06 (Newegg.ca - Lian li BS-06 140mm PCI Slot Case Cooler - Case Fans) coming so hopefully that will help significantly.

EDIT: And yes those are elastic bands holding the fans on the true. I didn't want to bring out the dremel to cut the closed corners on the fans
Is that a 4 X 2.5" hot swapable HDD rig in the second 5 1/4 bay?

Looks great BTW... I love Lian-Li cases!

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 17, 2009, 12:38 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Is that a 4 X 2.5" hot swapable HDD rig in the second 5 1/4 bay?

Looks great BTW... I love Lian-Li cases!
Yes, its a Startech unit. It isn't too bad. The Kingwin 4-drive 3.5" hotswap bays I have in my storage server are significantly better built. But this the only 4-drive 2.5" bay I could find in Canada.
Old January 18, 2009, 02:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

Lowfat.. did you give up water cooling?... I love those Lian Li cases, just so simple yet so beautiful..!!
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 18, 2009, 08:50 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Lowfat.. did you give up water cooling?... I love those Lian Li cases, just so simple yet so beautiful..!!
Yes. I am getting to old and bitter for WC now . The work it takes to mod a case and install a loop isn't enjoyable to me anymore. It actually aggravates me to no end.

Tags
case , custom , gallery , image thread