Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2007, 07:39 PM
Top Prospect

wait Babr , how the heck do you pass all your cables if theres a radiator right infront of it... I mean vga cables, USB and stuff?
Old November 17, 2007, 10:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theblackmages View Post
wait Babr , how the heck do you pass all your cables if theres a radiator right infront of it... I mean vga cables, USB and stuff?
It's a pretty wide case and the rad is on one side and connector sockets are on the other- it would be tricky to do dual monitors though.
Old November 18, 2007, 06:01 AM
MVP

Babrbossa...

in your sig.... it says Swiftech Stealth...... is that on ur GPU or is that one of there pumps......?? if it is.... your water system is aluminum or mixed.... sorry... Im just asking :).... learning learning.....
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old November 18, 2007, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

YEah- just tempting fate by mixing copper and aluminum- I'm curious to see if there'll be any effect in the six months I have them in the same loop- Chloride ions and oxygen are big catalysts for this kind of corrosion, and since there's not much of either in my loop, I don't imagine I'll see much corrsoion.
Old November 18, 2007, 11:06 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Well said,

There is no way to prevent corrosion in copper or aluminum. When a moving liquid passes over it electrolosis occurs. It is like static. Proper additives lessen this, your cars coolant has these and without it you will get actual pitting in the metal and arcs from your engine bearings that will burn them out. A cars collant system is copper, aluminum, iron and nickel mixed.

I have the same mindset when it comes to trying stuff. If it blows then I'll just get something better :)
Old November 18, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Well said,

There is no way to prevent corrosion in copper or aluminum. When a moving liquid passes over it electrolosis occurs. It is like static.
Interesting Mod I never tried but always have wanted to.

Overhauled PC :: Guide :: Electrolytic Etching, For What A Dremel Cant Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
YEah- just tempting fate by mixing copper and aluminum- I'm curious to see if there'll be any effect in the six months I have them in the same loop- Chloride ions and oxygen are big catalysts for this kind of corrosion, and since there's not much of either in my loop, I don't imagine I'll see much corrsoion.

do you like the stealth by Swiftech??
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old November 18, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I was using the mcw60 before, and now that I'm using the stealth, my core OC is the same (640) but my memory is actually higher at 1170. I also don't like working around those little memory heatsinks when I'm swapping out parts- if I accidentally tap them , they can fall off- if only the mosfets were covered by the waterblock too....I also got it cheap on a forum special.

I don't entirely like the TIM on the block, but it's the most practical way they could ensure good contact with all of the memory chips. There's a thick layer of the white stuff protected by a thin plastic layer overtop which you aren't supposed to remove before installation. This layer no doubt insulates the chips somewhat, and it would be nice if it weren't there.

I would have replaced it with some arctic silver, but I would be concerned that It wasn't thick enough to make good contact with all the components. With the GTS, there's missing memory chips, so when you tighten the cooler down, the card warps slightly unedr the pressure- this causes a slight lifting action in some other areas- with the GTX, I wouldn't worry about it- just put the Arctic ceramique on instead

notice the thick white sludge oozing out from under the cooler- and yeah, I know there's two missing mosfet coolers- I flicked off two of the old ones taht were loose and replaced them with the new stickier kind that came with the card- kudos to swiftech for improving the stickiness of these little damners

Last edited by Babrbarossa; November 18, 2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old November 18, 2007, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I should point out that while the body of the stealth is aluminum, the cooling plate inside is copper and is the same as those used in the apogee GTX
Old November 18, 2007, 03:43 PM
Top Prospect

cases? pffft .

like half of my new rig... lol.

Tags
case , custom , gallery , image thread