Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2009, 02:04 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
AMD was still king....
I was just thinking about that the other day. AMD used to be the go to company when gamers wanted a serious CPU, and now they're basically "A-M-Who?"
Old November 8, 2009, 06:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
It makes sense sort of, I'd imagine it has something to do with the OS picking up devices connected to the video cards, and for whatever reason it wont fold if a device isn't plugged in, some stupid Microsoft bug.

Oddly enough i have a sort of similarly odd story, an electrician came by the house to fix a fuse panel that blew, when he left - for whatever reason my stove range stopped working, but if i turn the nobs on the stove it turns lights on and off all over the house, and the oven nob works as a dimmer..

I SWEAR TO GOD its true, the electrician did not believe me till he came to my house; said he's been in the business 21 years and has never seen such a thing... I dunno what he did when he replaced my fuse panel but god damn it was pretty funny to try and cook and chicken and watch every light in the house go on and off as i turned the knobs up!
LOL. Did he just put your stove in series?
Old November 8, 2009, 08:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
LOL. Did he just put your stove in series?
He must have, I'm not sure how all that works but he fixed it today!
Old November 9, 2009, 12:48 AM
Top Prospect

Ok.....Read-em and weep, you girly men.

This little baby has to keep her clothes on because if I let you look under her skirt, you'd be following her like
dogs in heat. There's little if anything I cannot do on this veritable power house. From spread sheets, to email,
shes' got it covered!

Upgrades? Who needs them. When you start at the top of the technological heap, you never get stale. Only
part I've ever had to replace was the riser card. It damned near took the whole damned house when it went.
Yes sir she's a might powerful. Good thing the card only cost 1286.00. Course that's not including the cost of
recharging my three fire extinguishers, and the water damage to the family room...oh.....and I had to buy a
new desk. A small price to pay for being on the vanguard. For being one of the chosen...one of the elite.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/image...7d547cd040.jpg
Old November 9, 2009, 08:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_2 View Post

This little baby has to keep her clothes on because if I let you look under her skirt, you'd be following her like dogs in heat. There's little if anything I cannot do on this veritable power house. From spread sheets, to email,shes' got it covered! Upgrades? Who needs them. When you start at the top of the technological heap, you never get stale. Only part I've ever had to replace was the riser card. It damned near took the whole damned house when it went. Yes sir she's a might powerful. Good thing the card only cost 1286.00. Course that's not including the cost of recharging my three fire extinguishers, and the water damage to the family room...oh.....and I had to buy a new desk. A small price to pay for being on the vanguard. For being one of the chosen...one of the elite.
You really are random...
Old November 9, 2009, 08:48 PM
Top Prospect

LOL......I'm really sorry I know how offensive this avatar is, but I just cannot help myself.

Anyhow there's some damned fine cases here. Some great work by lowfat with the individually sleeved cables. Very nice lowfat.
MorePower...that is a work of art. reminds me of an oriental garden with everything perfectly in place.
Here's a link to a site some of you might already be familiar with. If you haven't been to this site you might want to put your bib on before you access.

MILLION-DOLLAR-PC [MDPC] | the world's most beautiful computer systems

Nice stuff! As someone mentioned, they ended up sitting down and going through all 90 or so pages in one sitting. Once I got started I did the same. Couldn't help myself
Old November 9, 2009, 08:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
How much where those C2D when they first came out? Also, no one really goes with a TT watercooling kit anymore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I waited until the second round of chips were out (6420 for the extra cache) and pretty sure I paid around $250 for it.
Heh... update on this.....

Just had a look at my first MB review here and noticed that I paid $300 for my chip, and that prices dropped to $250 the week after.... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 9, 2009, 09:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Is that 1/2" tubing? If so, remind me to avoid that size....it is HUGE.
wow lol.. we sure have come along way in such a short amount of time
Old November 10, 2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Couldn't agree more, some of the best builds I have ever seen!!
Old November 10, 2009, 03:55 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_2 View Post

This little baby has to keep her clothes on because if I let you look under her skirt, you'd be following her like
dogs in heat. There's little if anything I cannot do on this veritable power house. From spread sheets, to email,
shes' got it covered!

Upgrades? Who needs them. When you start at the top of the technological heap, you never get stale. Only
part I've ever had to replace was the riser card. It damned near took the whole damned house when it went.
Yes sir she's a might powerful. Good thing the card only cost 1286.00. Course that's not including the cost of
recharging my three fire extinguishers, and the water damage to the family room...oh.....and I had to buy a
new desk. A small price to pay for being on the vanguard. For being one of the chosen...one of the elite.
Baaahahhaha! How did you get a pair of 5870's to fit in there? Is there a model with three integrated monitors for Eyefinity support?
I almost spit my beer out....... almost.

Tags
case , custom , gallery , image thread