Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2018, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default MAD MAX TRIBUTE PC BUILD

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tribute to Mad Max & his Interceptor build log. This is one of my Bucket list theme PC builds. My mother brought me to the premiere of The Road Warrior movie and I've been fan of this world ever since. This will be a modified desktop PC with liquid cooling. Inspired by visual elements of Max's Interceptor and the Mad Max World. ...and maybe Fury Road. There shall be rust and maybe even a Detonator attached to the PC? (lol). I'll be sharing highlights of it's progression stages, including video clip links as I move along in this thread. I have a basic idea of what PC hardware components will occupy this mad max inspired PC (motherboard, CPU, DDR, GPU, SSD, PSU) The case is an Enermax Equlilence they donated to me last year. If you've followed my past personal builds, I like to find good deals on hardware whenever possible I do plan to fabricate the liquid cooling lines from 361 marine grade stainless tubing. No idea what brand of CPU & GPU water blocks, radiators and fittings I'll use yet.

The case is the Enermax Equilence I was given. It sorta looks like a Fractal Case, but without any of the well thought out features.

I apologize in advance if you're expecting me to pose a Mad Max action figure inside the case (haha). The Interceptor's V8 feels more appropriate. The scale Ford engine I'm using is by LIBERTY Classics, Liberty Classics High Quality Automotive Collectibles

I've added motorized shaft to spin the supercharger belt, you can watch it here, https://twitter.com/Mnpctech/status/992023385818492928

I've modified the supercharger pulleys with larger plates to keep the belt from rolling off.

Last edited by Mnpctech; May 18, 2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old May 18, 2018, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

If anyone's interested, my DIY guide on using hole saw to improve airflow in a plastic PC bezel,

https://youtu.be/stysHOBOfvk

I cut this opening in the Equilence bezel with a Jigsaw.

Old May 18, 2018, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

As usually this looks like it is going to be an impressive build and a lot of fun to watch! Thanks for sharing another one with us Mnpctech!
i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz (Swiftech H240-X) | ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi | 32GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB, HDD 500GB (x2) | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair 650D | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old May 18, 2018, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm so glad you opted to put the ORIGINAL Mad Max front and center, rather than the remake. This looks like it's going to be a fun one to see unravel.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

As always, looking forward to see the build, but if I may comment on what we've seen so far....

You sell 45deg 24 pin adapters????? (Could have used one of those multiple times in the last few years).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old June 11, 2018, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

@Lyrsin, Thank you for checking in and commenting!

@Caldezar, indeed, it will always be Mel for me.

@sswilson, they sold out 1st day listed, I should have handful in my workshop, contact us and mention yr screename, https://mnpctech.com/contact-us.html

Had opportunity to get back into the workshop yesterday and make some progress on my Mad Max / Road Warrior / Fury Road tribute PC build. I've decided to locate the V8 to the top panel. I'm going to mock up a 120mm slim radiator to see how it looks in front of the V8 engine and bezel. Hmm, on 2nd thought, maybe a 80mm radiator would be better scale? I still need to fabricate the proper diamond blower for the engine. The Enermax Equilence case lacks a vertical GPU mount, so I've modified the chassis for this compact ITX/MATX vertical GPU bracket, goo.gl/XGejK1 It's mounted on aluminum diamond plate, painted matte black. Here's a photo I found of the Falcon XB from the Fury Road movie before some stages I captured of my progress.

Old June 12, 2018, 05:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

That's location for the GPU with this do-it-yourself vertical mount. The final GPU will have water block.

Next stage is modifying the top rear portion of the Enermax Equilence case to hold two water reservoirs to emulate the rear fuel tanks on the falcon XB.
Old June 13, 2018, 07:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

To emulate the rear fuel tanks in Max's Ford Falcon XB, I'm using EK-RES X3 150mm reservoirs. btw, these photos are stills from video I'm making of the entire build, once it finished for my YT channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterMawd

I'm wondering if I can use clips from the movie without audio in my video? no clue...

Old June 13, 2018, 07:45 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Looking good Bill, great theme choice!
Old June 15, 2018, 06:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

Thanks buddy!

Do you recall the Red pull switch on Max's stick shift for his Supercharger? I thought it would be fun to somehow implement it into my Mad Max tribute build. The switch is used in commercial vehicles for controlling a two-speed axle assembly. I found it on Ebay as Cole Hersee part number 50036-BX.

Tags
1080ti , case mod , core i7 , intel 3570k , mad max