Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2017, 05:27 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well it doesn't weigh as much as my 800D case...
Old September 12, 2017, 05:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcsoln View Post
How can you weight it?! The whole thing is glass! You can't pick it up!
Old September 12, 2017, 05:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
My HATCHBACK doesn't weigh as much as a loaded 800D. God how I loved that case, and hated it every time I picked it up. My lower back HATED that steel pig!

EDIT: great build btw! I would not have had the stones to make those pass through holes!

Last edited by Bartacus; September 12, 2017 at 08:02 AM.
Old September 12, 2017, 07:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Congrats man - a real work of art. All of the little frustrations you suffered along the way - I don't know how you did it. Patience of Job, I guess!

Follow my benching, folding, mining and miscellaneous shenanigans @dt_oc
Old September 12, 2017, 09:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Dead,

There was a lot of patience, but I also ended up bailing on a lot of stuff. Mostly the cable runs that I had such high hopes for, and then the last rework of a tube run to straighten it out. I had that section out once to fix something else, cracked 2 of the 3 glass tubes, so I didn't want to try and rework it a second time as I would've been out of spares.

What is killing me now is that I almost want to take another crack at it now that I have learned even more from this build, but I think I will hold off and just work on some gaming. And try and figure out what is down with the ROG software. It looks like Asus's software has caught up with their hardware releases - and the USB stick that came with my MB was empty...Geesh.
Old September 12, 2017, 03:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
My HATCHBACK doesn't weigh as much as a loaded 800D. God how I loved that case, and hated it every time I picked it up. My lower back HATED that steel pig!

EDIT: great build btw! I would not have had the stones to make those pass through holes!
The 800D was a great case but at the time I was using it for aircooling and I would find so much dust inside of it. It's too bad they didn't revise the 800D or 700D with proper front intakes. In some retrospect I actually found the 700D design to be better overall because there was issues with the hotswap backplanes. It was definitely a heavy case (and I dreaded moving it or carrying) but the build quality was excellent as it was Corsair's first case. I didn't run into some of the issues with the early batches (power supply misalignment etc...)

It's a shame that Corsair discontinued the case along with the spare-parts. If I have to give Corsair another genuine criticism is that they discontinue cases and their spare parts quite easily and I couldn't find any spare-parts for it later on.
Old September 14, 2017, 02:05 PM
MVP

I don't remember the name of the magazine, but I do remember keying in several pages of hexidecimal code (saved to a tape drive) to play this on a C64.....Blue Max that is....

Those were the days.
Old September 14, 2017, 02:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looking back, for me I think it was 1985/84, and there was only one C64 in the "computer lab" - the rest were very early apples. And I was the only kid in the class who had a joystick (and brought it to school to play this game).

I do miss those days, although not sure how I would've reacted as a 14 year old if I could see what I am playing on now...
Old September 14, 2017, 02:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Looking back, for me I think it was 1985/84, and there was only one C64 in the "computer lab" - the rest were very early apples. And I was the only kid in the class who had a joystick (and brought it to school to play this game).

I do miss those days, although not sure how I would've reacted as a 14 year old if I could see what I am playing on now...

We had to play it using the keyboard....."A keyboard;.....How quaint....."......"Hello....Computer........"..

Nice build, by the way......I try not to look in this forum too much as it makes me want to spend money....
Old September 14, 2017, 03:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wait, you forgot to crack your knuckles before starting to type.

Meanwhile, if I can get some tubing made of transparent aluminum (as opposed to glass or PETG) then I will be totally stoked. And apparently rich beyond my wildest dreams...