Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17, 2016, 08:16 PM
Rookie

Default 900D dual reservoir mount

This is a dual loop reservoir setup I made for the 900D. I got a steel plate and mounted it directly one of the hard drive cages. I coated it in Plasti Dip for the finish which also helps dampen vibration. The only problem I had with this is I accidentally scratched the Plasti Dip in a corner when test fitting. So you have to be careful with the stuff. I also used motherboard standoffs which fit the screw holes on the side of the cage to give clearance for the EK res mount bolt nuts on the back of the plate. The sleeving is from Dazmode. This setup was inspired by Singularity Computers who did a similar hard tube build for the 900D.

Last edited by Daemog; August 20, 2016 at 04:54 AM.
Old August 18, 2016, 07:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So I wonder, do you have two separate loops or just doing one giant volume or water and hate filling up res's? :)

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old August 18, 2016, 07:18 AM
MVP

My System Specs

That's clean man. I wish I had a 900D. I just can't justify the price difference.
Old August 19, 2016, 09:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
So I wonder, do you have two separate loops or just doing one giant volume or water and hate filling up res's? :)
I was just thinking I should have said that it was a dual loop setup. I'll add that in my post xD
Old August 19, 2016, 09:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippman View Post
That's clean man. I wish I had a 900D. I just can't justify the price difference.
It really didn't help with the dollar dropping so low. It costs way more than what I paid back in 2014. Seems like there are less Canadian retailers that sell it too :/

Tags
900d , reservoir , water cooling